The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leinad2012
I expect 5 but that doesn't mean we should be aiming for more. Burnley should be a hard fought win and there's no reason why we can't beat Liverpool, yes they've been exceptional this year but if United put a result in tomorrow I'd expect them to lose a bit of confidence. As for Chelsea they aren't looking amazing, they'll go for the draw

the thing about lpool is if they win at OT they carry forward momentum, if they lose they will come out all guns blazing.
Original post by samba
Yea, that was my point. He's a total joke at RB but Chambers is actually worse :lol:

tbf chambers is a very good crosser of the ball atleast (no bellerin though)
Original post by swirly
the thing about lpool is if they win at OT they carry forward momentum, if they lose they will come out all guns blazing.

True, we're the two form teams, reckon it'll be a classic
Original post by samba
Yea, that was my point. He's a total joke at RB but Chambers is actually worse :lol:

I feel sorry for Chambers, he may be a decent CB but the fact he's played at RB and made a joke out of means people have already judged him as ****
Original post by swirly
bellerin is quality m8:fuhrer:

srs

Not as a regular first teamer, how many top teams will even start bellerin if they had him? Don't get me wrong, love the dude, and has his moments of quality but let's be real here.
We missed Ozil today, Ramsey was all over the place and prevented Giroud scoring a hat-trick. Sanchez and Cazorla need proper rests. Hard-earned and possibly not deserved, but a welcome three points.
Tomorrow ...we're all 'would prefer a draw but a Liverpool win won't be worse than a united win' fans. :moon:
Reply 5247
Original post by leinad2012
I feel sorry for Chambers, he may be a decent CB but the fact he's played at RB and made a joke out of means people have already judged him as ****

Yep, that's exactly what happened with Smalling.
Reply 5248
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Tomorrow ...we're all 'would prefer a draw but a Liverpool win won't be worse than a united win' fans. :moon:

Who are you more fearful of overtaking you? Liverpool or Man Utd?

And their fans are far worse! :angry:
Not as a regular first teamer, how many top teams will even start bellerin if they had him? Don't get me wrong, love the dude, and has his moments of quality but let's be real here.

He isn't our starter so what are you complaining about? Have you forgotten about Debuchy?
Original post by samba
Who are you more fearful of overtaking you? Liverpool or Man Utd?

And their fans are far worse! :angry:

I'd rather see Liverpool in top four. With us in 3rd of course...

Original post by Pete_91
He isn't our starter so what are you complaining about? Have you forgotten about Debuchy?

Someone's a bit cranky today :tongue:

No you misunderstood. And yeah he has whilst Debuchy has been out. I was saying in general, we need better quality rb's even if they are just a back up to Debuchy.

In 5 years time Bellerin will either be at Barcelona or Barnsley.
I'd rather see Liverpool in top four. With us in 3rd of course...

Someone's a bit cranky today :tongue:

No you misunderstood. And yeah he has whilst Debuchy has been out. I was saying in general, we need better quality rb's even if they are just a back up to Debuchy.

We have 4 RBs for next season, I doubt many teams have backups in that position as good as us...
Original post by Arkasia
In 5 years time Bellerin will either be at Barcelona or Barnsley.

I suppose that's one way of putting it yeah

Original post by Pete_91
We have 4 RBs for next season, I doubt many teams have backups in that position as good as us...

One of which will be Chambers? Prefer him as back up CB tbh.

Chambers can be emergency 4th choice...

He has a bit of Jordi Alba in him, but it comes down to his work ethic and how Wenger uses him to see if he even reaches half as high as the level Alba is at.
If Liverpool lose tomorrow they'd be under a huge amount of pressure to beat us the next game, their GD is shocking. Still would obs take a draw as the best result

upgrade on rafeal
upgrade on kyle walker
upgrade on glen johnson
can see jenkinson being converted to a defensive midfielder
I handn't really though of that ^ it's not going to help in the long term but Liverpool getting a result is the way to go imo. 1. Because it puts a gap between ourselves and United and 2. Won't be as much pressure to beat us next week for example. Good point.

Latest