The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To be honest I'd be pretty happy with Pedro, we haven't had a proper out and out winger in a while.

The fact he has so many sub appearances hurts his goals per game stats, but he's got 6 assists this season and a better mins per goal rate than Sanchez! (Albeit in a more creative team, easier league and less defensive work rate).

I think he'd be a cracking buy at £15-20mil
Original post by leinad2012
To be honest I'd be pretty happy with Pedro, we haven't had a proper out and out winger in a while.

The fact he has so many sub appearances hurts his goals per game stats, but he's got 6 assists this season and a better mins per goal rate than Sanchez! (Albeit in a more creative team, easier league and less defensive work rate).

I think he'd be a cracking buy at £15-20mil

Definitely will be around the 30-35m range
Lord Banter Bendtner at it again....
Original post by AR_95
Definitely will be around the 30-35m range

Nah he'll be pushed our in the summer, probably a bit above what I said at around the £20-25mil mark, although I wouldn't really want us paying more than the mid 20's for him when you consider our weaknesses in more important areas
Original post by leinad2012
Nah he'll be pushed our in the summer, probably a bit above what I said at around the £20-25mil mark, although I wouldn't really want us paying more than the mid 20's for him when you consider our weaknesses in more important areas

Other clubs will be in for him though and he's a valuable player so I doubt Barca will try to flog him off just for anything. Sanchez was surplus too yet went for a higher price, although I suppose a good WC inflated that.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Damn it, you're better than that

:frown:
Original post by AR_95
Ballon D or is just a nickname for Bendtner D or

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Damn it, you're better than that

Just choked with laughter :rofl:

Don't worry AR it made me laugh dw.

Edit: and yeah from discussion above, I'd take Pedro in a heartbeat tbh. Why are people even opposed?
(edited 9 years ago)
We might aswell just be called the Barcelona B team instead
Pedro is a shifty eyed little Spaniard. I don't trust him. But he would cost 25-30m so would be worth it tbh.
Original post by Stefano93
We might aswell just be called the Barcelona B team instead

Barcelona love buying our players as much as we love buying theirs.
interesting words pep has on ozil:

Next, Pep explains in detail how Mikel Arteta tries to draw in the opposing pivote in order to create a space in the middle of midfield into which Mesut Özil will try to appear. Pep walks through Arteta’s movements whilst emphasising to his players, who are spread out in front of him: Özil is the dangerous one he’s the one we really need to keep the closest eye on. Arteta draws you in, Özil pops up in that zone with Santi] Cazorla and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain around him and that’s the way that they achieve superiority in a key area. We can’t afford that to happen.

guy should just go to Bayern and win trophy after trophy :moon:
Original post by Arkasia
Barcelona love buying our players as much as we love buying theirs.

However Barca don't buy ours to rely on them to win titles unlike us.

Apart from Henry possibly Fabregassed who would you say has been a significant signing on their behalf who's really made an impact? Overmars, Vermaelen (should never have sold him), Bronckhorst, Emmanuel Petit?
Original post by Stefano93
However Barca don't buy ours to rely on them to win titles unlike us.

Apart from Henry possibly Fabregassed who would you say has been a significant signing on their behalf who's really made an impact? Overmars, Vermaelen (should never have sold him), Bronckhorst, Emmanuel Petit?

Regardless of what you say, that's a pretty amazing list of players.
Original post by AR_95
Other clubs will be in for him though and he's a valuable player so I doubt Barca will try to flog him off just for anything. Sanchez was surplus too yet went for a higher price, although I suppose a good WC inflated that.

Alexis wasn't surplus especially considering he'd just had his best season in a Barca shirt. If Barca fans had their way they would have sold Pedro and kept Alexis but Pedro was happy to be a bench player and "fight" for his place because of his La Masia "product" status.

Pedro would be a terrible signing really. The guy will be 28 at the start of next season he's not good enough for Arsenal. There are better, younger and more effective wingers out there
Original post by sevchenko
Alexis wasn't surplus especially considering he'd just had his best season in a Barca shirt. If Barca fans had their way they would have sold Pedro and kept Alexis but Pedro was happy to be a bench player and "fight" for his place because of his La Masia "product" status.

Pedro would be a terrible signing really. The guy will be 28 at the start of next season he's not good enough for Arsenal. There are better, younger and more effective wingers out there

He's definitely good enough for Arsenal... But I agree I'd be quite underwhelmed with the signing when we can buy someone younger and probably better

By surplus I mean, was he ever going to get a game in edgewise over suarez? It was always between Pedro and Sanchez but Pedro was Spanish so..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia
Regardless of what you say, that's a pretty amazing list of players.

Kind of a crap way to duck out of a debate but yeah I agree in whole, they are a fascinating set of players.
Lord Bendtner scored a hat trick tonight.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Lord Bendtner scored a hat trick tonight.

Keep up son.
Original post by angelfox
That little rat Wilshere will be playing League 1 at Adams Park for the mighty Wycombe when we're in the CL semi finals next season against Barca.

Ramsey will be alongside Kondogbia and Morgan.

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Kos Nacho
Morgan
Alexis Ramsey Kondogbia Ozil
Cavani

A man can dream.

Ozil on the left......
Original post by Arkasia
Keep up son.

Reading back is for squares
Podolski back among the goals, too.

Latest