The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MikePreston
Think you are wrong on this one! 20 years old, pace and quality touch with end product. could be and tbh already think he is twice the player walcott is.

Yet he'd cost at least 30m and demands higher wages then our best players. I don't buy into this bull**** that he'll become a world beater one day too.

don't listen to me though I'm extremely biased against Sterling :lol:
Original post by leinad2012
Transfer gossip today that we're in for Harry Kane and that bellend from 1 direction. God journo's banter in April Fools day is just too much. Shame that their journo skills are so **** for the rest of the year that some of the stories today are as believable as the rest of the **** they churn out...:cool:

True. John Cross is the worst out the lot i think and the funniest part of it all is that he claims to be an Arsenal fan and all he does is bow down to Mourinho! sorry excuse of a journalist
Original post by AR_95
Yet he'd cost at least 30m and demands higher wages then our best players. I don't buy into this bull**** that he'll become a world beater one day too.

don't listen to me though I'm extremely biased against Sterling :lol:

Just think though, at the moment he has to feed off scraps from henderson and Joe Allen... picture him getting thread through balls from Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez... He is a good finisher and walcott has scored goals, granted but his chance/goals ratio is poor. im going to convince you he would be class for us :lol:
Just think though, at the moment he has to feed off scraps from henderson and Joe Allen... picture him getting thread through balls from Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez... He is a good finisher and walcott has scored goals, granted but his chance/goals ratio is poor. im going to convince you he would be class for us :lol:

No he isn't and that is coming from a Liverpool fan, you only have to go back to the United vs Liverpool game at Old Trafford to see that. But he is still young and so could improve his finishing.
the only player I want from spurs is Lloris..

Rumours building up that he wants out, when spurs dont make CL again..

Dont think we have any chance at him - but he is the sort of keeper we need
Original post by samir12
No he isn't and that is coming from a Liverpool fan, you only have to go back to the United vs Liverpool game at Old Trafford to see that. But he is still young and so could improve his finishing.

yeah good point that.

when i see him play though, i see a proper footballer, when i see walcott play i see an athlete... he doest have the technical class to succeed. He is good at stretching defences to make others shine but he doesnt do enough for me.
Sterling is pretty much the better player over Ox but they're both quite similar. We REALLY don't need Sterling considering we have Campbell/Ox and Gnabry all in a similar role.
yeah good point that.

when i see him play though, i see a proper footballer, when i see walcott play i see an athlete... he doest have the technical class to succeed. He is good at stretching defences to make others shine but he doesnt do enough for me.

Theo and Sterling are two very different players
Original post by AR_95
Sterling is pretty the better player over Ox but they're both quite similar. We REALLY don't need Sterling considering we have Campbell/Ox and Gnabry all in a similar role.

Campbells gone mate, and you wouldn't turn Sterling down cos we have Campbell. Serge is going to be class no denying that, but Sterling can play across the line and so you bring him in, plus the English factor, can't underestimate it. Love the fact that we have an English core!
Original post by AR_95
Theo and Sterling are two very different players

Yeah Sterling is class. lol. Look, Walcott isnt bad... but he is not a world beater. Sterling would fit into Arsenal's style so perfectly!
True. John Cross is the worst out the lot i think and the funniest part of it all is that he claims to be an Arsenal fan and all he does is bow down to Mourinho! sorry excuse of a journalist

Metro may be ****ing useless for transfer gossip, but I love the way they constantly big up Ozil with an article a day about how good he is (yesterday was some article where some research body had rated Ozil joint best attacking midfielder in the world with Hazard). It makes a nice change from the bs that the Daily Mail publishes (but then again the Daily Mail is pretty much the worst newspaper known to man in every aspect)
Original post by AR_95
Sterling is pretty much the better player over Ox but they're both quite similar. We REALLY don't need Sterling considering we have Campbell/Ox and Gnabry all in a similar role.

Campbell is poverty, Gnabry is young but no where near good enough yet and Ox will probably get shifted to CDM within a few years. Also, why are we all talking about Sterling as a winger? Time and time again he's proven his best position to be at no. 10 behind the striker (a position that isn't accommodated in our current formation)
If we were in for Sterling (which I doubt) I see him more as a long term replacement for Cazorla in all honesty, they're style of play is much more similar than that of Walcott's, Ox, Campbell etc.
Original post by sr90
Thats what our fans said for the past 6 years. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same fans that wanted Ferguson out before he won Manchester Utd their last league title no doubt.

Forgive me for not completely trusting some football fans opinion on the potential of a player over two managers that have over 50 years of managerial experience.
Yeah Sterling is class. lol. Look, Walcott isnt bad... but he is not a world beater. Sterling would fit into Arsenal's style so perfectly!

Sterling is much more effective with the ball where as Theo is better at getting into positons and finishing.
Also yeah I'm not exactly fussed over Campbell, would rather we sold him for 16m and free up wages or etc. Gnabry needs a loan too but I can see Ox coming big next season and even if he doesn't overtake Sterling it wouldn't matter. Perhaps if Sterling's best position IS '10, he isn't going to play it at Arsenal considering Cazorla and Ozil don't either. (Cazorla playing CM and Ozil LW)
lolworthy that people still dont rate walcott, if he comes back from injury successfully and back to his peak (see 12/13 season, guy had 14 goals and 12 assists in about 30 odd games from the RW ffs) he will displace the likes of Welbeck in our starting lineups easily. Granted his form hasn't been great but he's just come back from a year long break with little to no game time.

People were calling to sell on Walcott before his best season too, and even worse this time that people are considering handing him to Chelsea or City... Obviously he's got negatives to his play i.e defensive duties forgotten or not so technical and I doubt the latter will change but the guy racks up the numbers like no one else while on form plus he's coming into his prime and we should deffo look to keep him on.
Tbh Walcott's stats make him look better than he is

Only time he was genuinely very effective and consistent was 2012/13.

Are we going to go Sanchez and Walcott on the wings really? Seems like too much running and not enough tekkers. End of the day £30m offer from City would be bitten off...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
the only player I want from spurs is Lloris..

Rumours building up that he wants out, when spurs dont make CL again..

Dont think we have any chance at him - but he is the sort of keeper we need

Read he may have a release clause this summer when Spurs dont qualify for the CL...in which case we could have him. 20m euros

Dont think Lloris has any real connection to Spurs and he's best mates with half our squad so we'd be silly not to get him given the chance. Definitely title challenging quality.
Original post by AR_95
I can see Ox coming big next season

I've been thinking this for the past 2 seasons, but it just never happens.

he had a good away game vs bayern with only cameo instances of showing ability since.

also has a very frustrating lack of end product.

Latest