The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Had to be Fabregas as well, nothing to play for but 2nd now :redface:
Chelsea confirmed as the luckiest team in the league. Whenever they play ****e (quite often these days), the other team's goalie just gives the ball to Hazard and goes "all yours boys".
3 games in a row where the GK has gifted Chelsea all 3 points...
Original post by Depleted
His record was good, but Golden Glove /=/ equal keeping skills, and you had a rock solid CB partnership bar the big games. There's a reason he's been dropped after all, a top keeper is invaluable, especially at the prices being quoted. It would also signal intent, and bringing in another "winner" to boost mentality would be huge. You lot will know whether you could've gained points with a world class keeper at times, I don't, but as an Arsenal fan I'd snap Jose's hand off for Cech at £10-£15m.

Regardless of record he made countless amounts of crucial saves last season similar to what DDG is doing currently (just not as often). Schezny's strongest feat was shot stopping ability, and he proved to be consistent throughout the season hence Fabianski didn't get a game in (the PL) edgewise. Reason why he's been dropped this season (which only really happened after our loss to Southampton in January iirc?) is because he's been abysmal all season. It's not his ability that's been lacking but more so his mentality has been poor, leading to countless amounts of errors that have led to goals being conceded. His overall distribution has been poor too.

Our problems at the start of the season weren't just because of Schezny though, as we had a severely unsettled defence/back 4. The addition of Gabriel has helped that though I guess.

£10-15m for Cech I'm sure 99% of Arsenal fans would take that deal. I'd happily pay more then that, the question is how reluctant Mourinho will be to sell to us.
****ing Robert Green, biggest **** in the pl. Hope QPR go down, **** team, **** fans, **** manager for the past 2 years and now one who constantly plays the race card as though it's blue-eyes white dragon. Their defence goes missing more than their owners planes...
(edited 9 years ago)
I heard Cesc scored. Good for him a true Arsenal legend.
Glad this happened. Saves us from disappointment later.
difference of a class goal keeper on show right there.. One saves the game, other throws it away.

Hope that puts an end to any title race challanges, as bar their big games - that was the most likely time for them to drop points
anyway, on to the more important game - lets cheer for a draw!
Not too fussed about the rest of the season now, just want to beat Chelsea and retain the cup.
Original post by Pete_91
3 games in a row where the GK has gifted Chelsea all 3 points...

That is so true, I was hoping QPR would punish them for their poor performances this year. C'mon United Lose to City and bounce back against Chelsea.
this season, united and chelsea have both shown the benifit of a top top keaper..

Need to get that position sorted
Chelsea are going to win the title because of other teams ****ey goalkeepers.
Well, they're actually winning because they've been the most consistent team throughout the season. Not to forget the top five pretty much threw away the title in the first few months whilst Chelsea were the ones firing from the get go.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia

Original post by AR_95
Well, they're actually winning because they've been the most consistent team throughout the season. Not to forget the top five pretty much threw away the title in the first few months whilst Chelsea were the ones firing from the get go.

there are two types of fans :rolleyes:
Actually most Arsenal fans knew they never had a chance. Chelsea would never do a United and drop 5 points before playing their nearest rivals away...
Original post by al_94
I heard Cesc scored. Good for him a true Arsenal legend.

:biggrin:

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2
bloody hell city have started well.

Look well up for this.
Hoping for a Manchester draw.
Original post by Arkasia

Arsenal been robbed by injuries! And a gruelling CL campaign!

Latest