The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Numan786
When will you guys learn that buying ex Real Madrid players never works out. I doubt any of their players progress except a few while most decline.

Robben left Real Madrid and won the Champions League.
Original post by shawn_o1

As did Sneijder but tbh in general they do seem to go downhill iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1

Thats why I said some. Most decline and arent as good as they were when they first joined. I'd buy barca players which have come from their academy 10/10 times than any Real Madrid players.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
As did Sneijder but tbh in general they do seem to go downhill iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's evident in where they end up and play.

Yaya
Zlatan
Sanchez

Heck even being in the Barca team will make you train more and increase your skill level.

Di Maria
Ozil
Higuain
on paper higuian looks great..

1 in 2 striker, who has shown amazing consistancy keeping up good numbers for 7 yeras now.. and at 27, he still has a few years left in him.

My only issue with him though, is how he fits in to the team. I mean, we are not playing with 2 strikers, and whilst it would be great to have both him and giroud as our options.. I dont know.. I kind of feel like 1 of the 2 would suffer if the both played for us
Tbh Higauin is a bit too similar to Giroud for my liking, not so much in playing style, but they're both getting on (27 and 28), part of me says I'd rather we took a risk and went for a young guy with big potential.
But we only have one proficient striker in the club being Giroud. We need a 2nd, Welbeck shouldn't be counted on.
Original post by AR_95
But we only have one proficient striker in the club being Giroud. We need a 2nd, Welbeck shouldn't be counted on.

Shouldn't have sold Afobe.

Only Messi and Ronaldo have scored more goals than him this season.
Original post by swirly

Guess we'll just have to bring in Akpom as a 3rd striker if we don't buy anyone else this season. Should sell Sanogo to a championship side but I'll miss him.
Always banter when he plays
Original post by swirly

Afobe is playing at championship level. Just because he's scoring goals doesn't mean he will do it in the PL.
Original post by AR_95
Guess we'll just have to bring in Akpom as a 3rd striker if we don't buy anyone else this season. Should sell Sanogo to a championship side but I'll miss him.
Always banter when he plays

Wolves signed him permanently in January, he's no longer on loan

Original post by al_94
Afobe is playing at championship level. Just because he's scoring goals doesn't mean he will do it in the PL.

sanogo would still barely score 10 goals in the championship, and this guy led our line in season defining games vs liverpool and bayern
Original post by swirly

He scored half his goals in League 1, and half in the Championship, please forgive me for not thinking he is the next Pele.
Original post by swirly

I agree I said this a month or so ago, the guy is on crazy form banging then in for fun. Gutted we sold him as there really was no need to; he was recalled from a season loan to be sold ffs iirc. Disappointing when you consider we still have **** like Campbell and sanogo on the wage bill
Original post by Arkasia
He scored half his goals in League 1, and half in the Championship, please forgive me for not thinking he is the next Pele.

Didn't he also dominate united in that 4-0 mauling?
Original post by leinad2012
Didn't he also dominate united in that 4-0 mauling?

He came on after United were already 2-0 down. They had given up, as seen by the 4th goal (Afobe's second).
Even if we beat Chelsea it's kind of irrelevant considering they will have the last laugh with winning the league title
Original post by al_94
Even if we beat Chelsea it's kind of irrelevant considering they will have the last laugh with winning the league title

they would get the last laugh yes..

But it would not be irrelevant - as given that wenger has never beaten moriniho, it would be quite a good occasion.
Original post by fallen_acorns

But it would not be irrelevant - as given that wenger has never beaten moriniho, it would be quite a good occasion.

Mr Wenger is the reason why it will be irrelevant a manager is judged from the titles they've won not their record against Mourinho which would still be bad even if he won.
Reply 7918
Original post by fallen_acorns

Yup, it needs to be done. Will help our mentality a lot too, even though we'll get the world telling us that 'Chelsea didn't even need to win that game, you're ****, Ozil is a waste of money, Lallana & Young > Alexis, GGMU, YNWA'

:rolleyes:
Original post by al_94
Mr Wenger is the reason why it will be irrelevant a manager is judged from the titles they've won not their record against Mourinho which would still be bad even if he won.

not say its an achievement as such.. but more a step in the right dirrection.

We need to actually be able to beat mohriniho and united (our two biggest guarenteed losses each season, well and stoke away) - if we are to get anywhere.. this season we have ended our drought against united.. and ending wengers loosing streak against mohriniho, would atleast give a bit of confidence to the team if nothing else

Latest