The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
No it's at home, they beat us at the liberty remember? :smile:
It was a rainy day that day, remember it well.

Racist! :fuhrer:
I'm joking of course hehe.

Yeah but you have to understand that there isnt that many Spurs fans on here and I haven't seen a single Sheffield United fan on here either. Match thread creation and popularity is all dependant on who's playing hun :smile:

Yeah, I get that, I don't see the need for say Leicester vs West Ham but I don't think at the current minute there's too many match threads. I mean, one wasn't made for Saints vs Swansea. The majority of match threads get 3+ pages which is enough to justify its creation imo
Reply 781
Angelfox brah you've got too much time on your hards
Original post by AR_95
Angelfox brah you've got too much time on your hards

I didn't make it, saw it on my twitter tl.
Original post by AR_95
Yeah. United's fixture list is looking horrid too so hopefully everything falls to place.

Our next 5 games are all winnable but i agree after those 5 fixtures, we are in trouble if we dont find consistent form. Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Cityand Everton all in 6/7 weeks i think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Yeah. United's fixture list is looking horrid too so hopefully everything falls to place.

things do seem to be nicely falling into place..

Febuary and march are just full of nice fixtures.. and then even when things do get tough in april, our difficult games are all two fixtures apart from each other (liverpool, two easy games, chelsea, two easy games, united)
Reply 785
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Our next 5 games are all winnable but i agree after those 5 fixtures, we are in trouble if we dont find consistent form. Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Cityand Everton all in 6/7 weeks i think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are those 4/5 away?
Reply 786
Original post by fallen_acorns
things do seem to be nicely falling into place..

Febuary and march are just full of nice fixtures.. and then even when things do get tough in april, our difficult games are all two fixtures apart from each other (liverpool, two easy games, chelsea, two easy games, united)

Liverpool and Chelsea at home in which I see us getting 4 points. Won't be terrible considering UTD are more likely to drop a lot more in that period and hopefully Southampton start to implode.
Have to argue that what with Sturridge returning, Liverpool could be the dark horses in getting 4th/3rd.
Original post by AR_95
Are those 4/5 away?

Spurs and City at home so maybe we have a chance. Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool all away :/. We could probably get a win away to Everton but we'll get nothing against Liverpool at Anfield and Chelsea at the Bridge.
Thank you Swansea, starting to look very tight at the top
ffs why did Sunderland have to be so **** to concede 8 to Southampton
Original post by TornadoGR4
Yeah, I get that, I don't see the need for say Leicester vs West Ham but I don't think at the current minute there's too many match threads. I mean, one wasn't made for Saints vs Swansea. The majority of match threads get 3+ pages which is enough to justify its creation imo

There are too many, it's funny because when I'm all for multiple match threads everyone like "No no, not again" and then when I try to do something to manage it better I've got you saying you like it how it is. Football is so long to mod honestly. :tongue:

The only reason as to why certain match threads that are pointless anyway get loads of responses is because I'm forced to close the team's threads thus making members discuss it there. If someone made a match thread for Leicester v Man Utd for example, the man utd thread would have to be closed until full time. Just because someone's gone and made a thread on a not so important game. Does that clarify things better? :smile:
Original post by AR_95
Liverpool and Chelsea at home in which I see us getting 4 points. Won't be terrible considering UTD are more likely to drop a lot more in that period and hopefully Southampton start to implode.
Have to argue that what with Sturridge returning, Liverpool could be the dark horses in getting 4th/3rd.

I agree.

If they can keep him fit, then they could really push for the FA cup/top4/europa..

But, I honestly cant see him staying fit for the whole time..
Should have made a bloody opinions thread on this :lol:
Reply 793
Spurs and City at home so maybe we have a chance. Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool all away :/. We could probably get a win away to Everton but we'll get nothing against Liverpool at Anfield and Chelsea at the Bridge.

Yeah Everton have been absolutely shocking this season. Just goes to show how much of a fraud Martinez really is. Going from 5th place to 12th after 23 games ffs. Can see you guys just about winning that. Probably a point at anfield if you're lucky, but if Sturridge is there then prepare your rectum.
Say Swansea beat Soton by 2-0 would we have gone to fourth on the basis of alphabetical order or?

Also, just looked at Soton's next game. QPR away damn it :facepalm:
Original post by AR_95
Yeah Everton have been absolutely shocking this season. Just goes to show how much of a fraud Martinez really is. Going from 5th place to 12th after 23 games ffs. Can see you guys just about winning that. Probably a point at anfield if you're lucky, but if Sturridge is there then prepare your rectum.

Cant figure out what is going on there, I didnt rate Martinez as much of a manager and he only did quite well last season due to most of the ground work from the Moyes regime imo. They havent won at home in the last 3/4 PL games so I'm slightly confident going into that game but we're **** away.

The Liverpool game doesnt even matter if Sturridge plays or not. We always lose at Anfield, i cant remember the last time we won there tbh. A bit like how Arsenal havent won against United in years.
Before you all get complacent in here, the PL table after 24 games last season.

1422814304143.jpg

Hell of a long way to go and I don't think anyone outside of Chelsea, not even City, should be thinking they are guaranteed top 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cant figure out what is going on there, I didnt rate Martinez as much of a manager and he only did quite well last season due to most of the ground work from the Moyes regime imo. They havent won at home in the last 3/4 PL games so I'm slightly confident going into that game but we're **** away.

The Liverpool game doesnt even matter if Sturridge plays or not. We always lose at Anfield, i cant remember the last time we won there tbh. A bit like how Arsenal havent won against United in years.

The 2012/2013 season, although I remember United didn't deserve to win that and the referee was awful. I guess that's the only way to win at your bogey ground :tongue:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
There are too many, it's funny because when I'm all for multiple match threads everyone like "No no, not again" and then when I try to do something to manage it better I've got you saying you like it how it is. Football is so long to mod honestly. :tongue:

The only reason as to why certain match threads that are pointless anyway get loads of responses is because I'm forced to close the team's threads thus making members discuss it there. If someone made a match thread for Leicester v Man Utd for example, the man utd thread would have to be closed until full time. Just because someone's gone and made a thread on a not so important game. Does that clarify things better? :smile:

Aye, I'm just having a sulk because I like the match threads :frown:
Original post by hayles101
Before you all get complacent in here, the PL table after 24 games last season.

1422814304143.jpg

Hell of a long way to go and I don't think anyone outside of Chelsea, not even City, should be thinking they are guaranteed top 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're not ones to get complacent don't worry. It's you guys who should buckle up, I'm hearing talks about a possible title surge? No one's guaranteed a top 4 spot bar Chelsea probably like you suggested.

Original post by TornadoGR4
Aye, I'm just having a sulk because I like the match threads :frown:

Understandable :h:

Latest