The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yasx_
What did everyone write for the first question? I wrote B and D but everyone else seemed to of wrote A and D oops

I put A and D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannah4262
Eh did we have to evaluate Loftus?:s-smilie:

yeah
They barely included anything from the specification :mad:
Original post by Nisr123
Any predictions on grade boundaries? It's gonna be super high 😓

June 2009 had the highest grade boundaries yet to be seen in unit 1, with 68/72 for 100 ums and 56/72 for an A. This paper was of similar simplicity if not slightly simpler due to the attachment section being predominantly on the strange situation, pure gift marks! As well as the 12 marker being utterly blissful (thank God deprivation didn't come up).

Nevertheless, my estimate, based on the June 09 paper as well as other papers of similar difficulty and format ;
69/72-100Ums
57/72- A
51/72-B
45/72-C
[QUOTE="hannah4262;55667255"]
Original post by saran12
For the memory improvement question (2marks) I talked about method loci to link the words with objects or places in your house. Is that fine ?[/QUOTE
I did that too, not sure if it's right or not but I hope so.
Do you think the grade boundaries could go any higher than 60 for an A? I can't imagine them going up that much but everyone seemed to find it really easy:s-smilie:

should be right dw. I really doubt it will go above 60 it never has. Highest it's been was like 55. To expect students to drop like 12 marks only for an A is silly. Plus you never know how the whole country did
Original post by aj27cross
I thought it was a good paper but think I made a few mistakes, does anyone think it matters that for the EWT I said it was Loftus and Palmer instead of Loftus and Burns (even though I wrote about Loftus and Burns) and also for the memory improvement strategy I wrote keyword instead of pegword, do you guys think this would've cost me marks?

Great 12 marker though, AO1 - innate, monotropy, sensitive period, internal working model, continuity hypothesis, AO2 - Tronnick, Hazer & Shaver, Schaffer and Emerson and Zimmerman.

9d I didn't like - only propert wrote about protection and probably dropped a couple of marks there. But overall, it couldn't have gone much better.

You'd only lose one mark, if anything, on the Loftus and Burns study
And you might lose marks for writing 'keyword', only because there's another method called the 'keyword method' (supported by Atkinson)
Original post by mercuryman
AHH YESSSS!!!! I said that bowlby claimed if attachment was never formed it can lead to devistating effects in mental development such as LOW IQs

and then for A02 BOY I WENT HAM ON THE A02 for genie, i ended up evaluating the evaluation

LOOL
Original post by mosahra
yeah

Was this for anxiety? I wrote about the bank robbery study .. I didn't think we had to do any AO2 just AO1 ?
Original post by SunDun111
I talked about ethical issues as we'll.

I wrote that most studies were conducted in a natural setting so there were extraneous variables .. would this get me any marks? everyone else talked about ethical issues .
Original post by Tylerrrrr

I put D and amount of words recalled, was that A ?
this makes me sooo nervous :frown:
Yes the boundaries will probably go to 60. In other subjects to get a boundary minimum of 80% is rare for A usually around 87%. They would have no trouble increasing the boundaries to above 60.
for the EWT, i did NO evaluation?
Original post by yasx_
What did everyone write for the first question? I wrote B and D but everyone else seemed to of wrote A and D oops

Don't worry I think I put B and D too so we're in the same boots my friend, and I messed up my 12 marker 😂😪😑
Reply 1414
For the ethical issues question (6) i used 'parents' instead of 'mother' e.g: i said debrief parents at the end i didnt say debrief mother would i still get the marks???
Original post by nobodycarescarla
I put D and amount of words recalled, was that A ?

YEAH!!! I put them
it was A and D without a shadow of a doubt.
Reply 1417
Original post by madmike786
it was A and D without a shadow of a doubt.

It was D then A

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know what I mean
I mentioned a study about geese for the bowlby one and I have no idea why? I havent studied that I just guessed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending