The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Accomodation Help

Hi

Is their anyone out their that can give me a quick run down on the different accommodation and which is good and to avaoid

Prefer Ensuite

Thanks
Reply 1
If you can afford university accommodation (~100-140£ per week) - go for it. Lots of fun, a chance to me hundreds of new amazing people etc.

If you are on a budget - go for private accommodation. Can't speak much of it, but it can be a russian roulette regarding your roommates (they might not be outgoing, social etc. Although, it can also happen in uni halls, but then you have a chance of switching flats at the very beginning of the academic year). Everything except Gilwell (the cheapest one, VERY ****ty) and Alexandra Works (quite off campus but good itself) is OK.

All this applies if you like to party and be very social.
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by BoboG
Hi

Is their anyone out their that can give me a quick run down on the different accommodation and which is good and to avaoid

Prefer Ensuite

Thanks

Hi,

We have a range of properties available, ranging in different areas close to the city centre and Plymouth University.

We have rooms available starting from £79 per person per week.

If you would like more information please do not hesitate to contact me on 01752 349740.

Regards,

Bryony
Halls are always a recommended option. I think Robins ensuites? (Or an option) That would be the cheapest. Any unite one would too, - discovery heights, Central point, st Thomas court.
I lived in discovery heights, price is high £140 Pw, but it was a brilliant halls and a great experience. So close to University. (It comes in handy when hungover, seriously)

If you're looking for houses look at the Plymouth student pad linked on the University website. They're private landlords and can usually supply decent accommodation and are checked by university
Forget halls. Private housing.

Large rooms for half the price of halls, more freedom to do as you wish, less chance of fire alarms going off all night, no noise restrictions, guest restrictions and free washing machine.

If you pick one of the bigger houses (i was in an 11 bedroomed house) then you still get the social life you would from halls.
Hi All,

Check out our halls at St Augustines, it really is student living, just better..

http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/plymouth/st-augustines-house/rooms-rent

You won't be disappointed!

Collegiate Team
Reply 6
I stayed in Radnor which was fine. Gilwell is known to be less popular and is the cheaper of the halls. Mary Newman and Francis Drake are both in the middle of campus so can be quite noisy (and you can see into some of the rooms from on campus!). Radnor, Pilgrim, Gilwell are great for convenience - roll out of bed for lectures in the mornings at only 2 minutes walk from the lecture halls! For the social side, even though I'm not into going out every night, halls is definitely the place to get settled and make friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending