The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL A2 BUSINESS STUDIES (Business and Econ)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A level sufferer
Unexpected would be a word, but it wasnt too bad, I had more to say about the 20 marker for definite but it wasnt impossible.

What did you think?

same here... was really thinking the CSR one would be a 30 marker but still... it wasnt too bad. ironically my teacher told me just before the exam today that decision trees are not likely to come up and even if they will it will be a 6 or 8 marker, so when I saw the last question was like loooooool
Original post by natasha037
same here... was really thinking the CSR one would be a 30 marker but still... it wasnt too bad. ironically my teacher told me just before the exam today that decision trees are not likely to come up and even if they will it will be a 6 or 8 marker, so when I saw the last question was like loooooool

Thats very unfortunate, As a whole, how did you find the paper?
For the 20 marker I put looking after the environment and staff training, and then for the evaluation however its costly etc.. Is this right?
Thats very unfortunate, As a whole, how did you find the paper?

Well despite this, I feel quite confident about it! What did you put for the npv question?and also the calculations were deaad easy!! I was fearing some ratios would come up and I'll be completely screwed but this paper was perfect in this respect!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natasha037
Well despite this, I feel quite confident about it! What did you put for the npv question?and also the calculations were deaad easy!! I was fearing some ratios would come up and I'll be completely screwed but this paper was perfect in this respect!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually read the NPV Question twice but i answered it in the end (Thank goodness). I said that NPV didnt take into account the base rate changing which would mean the discount rate wouldnt be correct. What did you put?...... The calculations were simple. We'd acc done them before the exam so it was just regurgitation really. Just hoping i can get an A overall in Business
The 30 marker was on decision trees. You can talk about benefits of the investment appraisal technique. and analysis MUST be on how it will generate more awareness and how it will benefit CP. Evaluations can be given on many areas such as other methods of appraisal and other factors to consider. IF the answer lacks composure still won't be a problem as not everyone can tackle something like that. As long as you justify you should be fine. Everyone may have found it easy.. until the 30 marker. thats the novelty of business studies. YOU HAVE TO BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. Free thinking (Y)
Don't think about the paper, theres only so much you can lose. And life goes on:smile:
Cheers!
I actually read the NPV Question twice but i answered it in the end (Thank goodness). I said that NPV didnt take into account the base rate changing which would mean the discount rate wouldnt be correct. What did you put?...... The calculations were simple. We'd acc done them before the exam so it was just regurgitation really. Just hoping i can get an A overall in Business

Haha put basically the same, saying that the discount factor clan turn out to be different to the predicted one so the calculations could be inaccurate:smile: actually liked all the questions apart from the last one aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anything that affects the discount rate such as even a recession, anything external is valid I think.
Decisions trees for a 30 marker ? That's really mean common limits you so much!
[QUOTE=A level sufferer;57125517]Thats very unfortunate, As a whole, how did you find the paper?

30 marker totol shock, was okay had quite a bit to write and the case study G was really helpful creative agency one, what odd you guy wrote breifly in it??

I said ; ( very brief this will me lots more detail was in it including quotes etc from the evidences.)

Ad; clear for C P to see and easy to compare them.

easy for them to see what kinda profit they would make against

And helpful to see if investment is worth it

Dis;
Only takes into consideration the profit side not others such as ; ideas ( case study commented of B and S having lots of ideas) and said that could make profit that way )

Said about doesnt consider previous success ( used Evid. d and comment on Occupacy rate and how increased over 2010-2012

Then said estimate can't tell future- new own knowledge that 2014 that B and S advert was taken down as it promoted people take there kids out of school as it's cheaper 279 pound for 4 nights instead for and extra 300 pound in holidays -) petition of 170,000 sigs- make centre parcs look bad.

it only takes into consideration for financial and profit and not anything else ( was brief) you guys????:smile:)
[QUOTE=grimmreaper;57126025]The 30 marker was on decision trees. You can talk about benefits of the investment appraisal technique. and analysis MUST be on how it will generate more awareness and how it will benefit CP. Evaluations can be given on many areas such as other methods of appraisal and other factors to consider. IF the answer lacks composure still won't be a problem as not everyone can tackle something like that. As long as you justify you should be fine. Everyone may have found it easy.. until the 30 marker. thats the novelty of business studies. YOU HAVE TO BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. Free thinking (Y)
Don't think about the paper, theres only so much you can lose. And life goes on:smile:
Cheers!

I wrote similar :smile: ( as down below :-) )
How did everyone do??? 🎉😊 in business studies A level Edexcel! I got an A! I am so pleased❤️ Unit 4 I got 96/100 ums 😱 and other 83 82! I thought I failed! Never in a million years I would of thought I would of gotten an A at a level! Still can't get over it!

How did everyone else do?!:smile:
thank god i retook unit 1 and unit 2-retook got high As in both and and got high Bs in unit 3 and unit 4 which makes A overall.
I wish i could of got one A* maybe in unit 3 then i would got a A* overall :frown:. but im pretty pleased
Reply 153
Can anyone remember what was on the International businesses paper? I'm doing the 2015 paper as a mock next week and could really do with some hints on what to revise.
Original post by Bea97
Can anyone remember what was on the International businesses paper? I'm doing the 2015 paper as a mock next week and could really do with some hints on what to revise.

Barely any content on BRIC countries which annoyed me... got an E in the end!!!!
The 2015 paper should have been published on the Pearson Edexcel website now.
Reply 155
Original post by leemurphy1
Barely any content on BRIC countries which annoyed me... got an E in the end!!!!
The 2015 paper should have been published on the Pearson Edexcel website now.

It's only available to teachers at the minute; I checked.
I got on E at AS and am resitting so I was hoping to impress my teacher by doing well in the A2 mock after the let down last June.
Original post by Bea97
It's only available to teachers at the minute; I checked.
I got on E at AS and am resitting so I was hoping to impress my teacher by doing well in the A2 mock after the let down last June.

I got a C overall at AS but then a D overall at A2 :frown:
Not as bad as WJEC ICT where I got an E!! Grrr hate hate hate WJEC!
Reply 157
I got DDEU at AS so I'll struggle to do worse. I'm resitting 3 modules in May to (hopefully) raise them.

I think it might have been a good thing thought because it has motivated me to revise more. We had our first finance exams last month and I came away with an A and a B. I'm hoping to keep that up for mocks.
Original post by Bea97
I got DDEU at AS so I'll struggle to do worse. I'm resitting 3 modules in May to (hopefully) raise them.

I think it might have been a good thing thought because it has motivated me to revise more. We had our first finance exams last month and I came away with an A and a B. I'm hoping to keep that up for mocks.

There is a big gap between GCSE and A Level. I got a B at GCSE Business Studies with Edexcel. In fact, I got an A in both exams and a D on the coursework unit - so I wasn't far off an A. Just proves how tough A Levels are. At least your not doing the new spec where you have to sit all three exams in year 13.

Good luck
Reply 159
Original post by leemurphy1
There is a big gap between GCSE and A Level. I got a B at GCSE Business Studies with Edexcel. In fact, I got an A in both exams and a D on the coursework unit - so I wasn't far off an A. Just proves how tough A Levels are. At least your not doing the new spec where you have to sit all three exams in year 13.

Good luck

I'm very grateful about the fact I narrowly missed the new spec. I couldn't have coped.

Cheers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending