The Student Room Group

Getting into Exeter Uni for business management

I doing my AS atm. I really badly want to get into exeter uni to do business management. But i'm worried whether i'd get in or not. Because the course requires me to do a level maths and I don't do this. Also i got a c in my gcse maths, which I don't think is going to help me.
Are there any other ways I could try to get into exeter uni for business management????? The typical offer is AAB, which I think that I would be able to achieve.
Reply 1
Original post by Jooday16
I doing my AS atm. I really badly want to get into exeter uni to do business management. But i'm worried whether i'd get in or not. Because the course requires me to do a level maths and I don't do this. Also i got a c in my gcse maths, which I don't think is going to help me.
Are there any other ways I could try to get into exeter uni for business management????? The typical offer is AAB, which I think that I would be able to achieve.

If the course says you need maths, unfortunately there is 99% no way around this. It'll just make it very easy for them to reject you.

However if it says prefer maths, you do have a chance. A smaller chance though, and would need a very very good PS and grades, above the typical offer, if you want a good chance imo
Reply 2
Original post by AdamCee
If the course says you need maths, unfortunately there is 99% no way around this. It'll just make it very easy for them to reject you.

However if it says prefer maths, you do have a chance. A smaller chance though, and would need a very very good PS and grades, above the typical offer, if you want a good chance imo

The course says they prefer people with maths. Thank u for the honest answer, even though its heart breaking as that's the uni I want to get into. I guess all I can do now is pray that not many ppl apply for the course, so that I get in :wink:
Reply 3
The course says they prefer people with maths. Thank u for the honest answer, even though its heart breaking as that's the uni I want to get into. I guess all I can do now is pray that not many ppl apply for the course, so that I get in :wink:

A lot of people will be applying for the course, no easy way to put that. It's a russel group university and business management is very popular. I'm an A2 student and I have applied to study business management but not at Exeter. Try and get as much work experience as possible especially relevant to business management, universities really value this as it is hard to find these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank u :smile: I know what you mean by its hard to get work experience because i've been trying to get some experience for a while and haven't been successful yet. Also when u say relevant experiance...what kind of jobs do u mean?
And where did u apply for uni????
Reply 5
Thank u :smile: I know what you mean by its hard to get work experience because i've been trying to get some experience for a while and haven't been successful yet. Also when u say relevant experiance...what kind of jobs do u mean?
And where did u apply for uni????

I applied to roehampton, Westminster, Greenwich, St Mary's and birkbeck and got all conditional offers but I will probably firm roehampton and maybe find a better uni through results day though I am happy going to roehampton. Really you can get experience anywhere because anywhere is a business but I mean like retail e.g. Sainsburys, topshop, volunteering at a charity shop, being a temporary secretary etc. I done my year 10 work experience at Sainsburys and volunteered at cancer research last summer for a couple of weeks. It's a great thing to write on your personal statement and helps you becomes mature even if it is just for a while. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Oh well good luck with your exams and I hope you get the grades you want. I did my year 10 work experience at Specsavers as an admin assistant and then worked there during my summer after my GCSE's. I am also a volunteer at British heart foundation and have been for ages. So do you think that's enough? And thanks for your advice, I didn't actual think of retailers! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Oh well good luck with your exams and I hope you get the grades you want. I did my year 10 work experience at Specsavers as an admin assistant and then worked there during my summer after my GCSE's. I am also a volunteer at British heart foundation and have been for ages. So do you think that's enough? And thanks for your advice, I didn't actual think of retailers! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, good luck with your exams aswell. I think the volunteering at British heart foundation is great and something that universities value because it shows that you're a dedicated person. Need anymore advice just ask 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thank u :smile:
I think that i'm ok for now, but might need help in the future!
Reply 9
Thank u :smile:
I think that i'm ok for now, but might need help in the future!

Ok I'm a year older than you so I will have probably gone through everything before you lol. 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an offer from Exeter to Study Business and Management for AAB without studying Maths at Alevel at all. :smile: maybe you could resit your gcse? If you are able to get AAB and maybe resit gcse you will have a good application :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending