The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anybody else still not heard anything regarding the status of their application? I didn't expect to hear anything over the weekend with it being bank holiday and all but kind of expected a yes or no today as to whether I'm attending an assessment centre or not, my chosen region was Yorkshire and The Humber if that makes any difference (in case anyone else with that region hasn't heard anything). I'm expecting it to be a no at this stage but a definite no would be better than being kept hanging.
Reply 181
Original post by Robbo-92
Anybody else still not heard anything regarding the status of their application? I didn't expect to hear anything over the weekend with it being bank holiday and all but kind of expected a yes or no today as to whether I'm attending an assessment centre or not, my chosen region was Yorkshire and The Humber if that makes any difference (in case anyone else with that region hasn't heard anything). I'm expecting it to be a no at this stage but a definite no would be better than being kept hanging.

I've still not heard anything either. It's getting a bit frustrating now. Like you said it's better to know either way than have to keep waiting 😕
Reply 182

My chosen region was Yorkshire and Humber too, i got an invite to online tests about a week after applying, I've got the assessment day booked for this Friday.
Original post by Jid12
My chosen region was Yorkshire and Humber too, i got an invite to online tests about a week after applying, I've got the assessment day booked for this Friday.

Well I hope it goes well for you :smile:
Reply 184
Well I hope it goes well for you :smile:

Thanks mate, i hope you hear back soon. I was told that they do all the assessments in batches of candidates. It could be that they are just waiting for a few more candidates before sending out the next batch of invites.

Good luck
Original post by Jid12
Thanks mate, i hope you hear back soon. I was told that they do all the assessments in batches of candidates. It could be that they are just waiting for a few more candidates before sending out the next batch of invites.

Good luck

I hope so :smile: Just out of interest did the invite go into your inbox or junk folder? I keep checking both but obviously I'm alerted to any new emails in my inbox rather than junk folder. I presume I have't heard anything back as of yet as I was rather late applying for it due to me not seeing it until rather late on.
Reply 186
I hope so :smile: Just out of interest did the invite go into your inbox or junk folder? I keep checking both but obviously I'm alerted to any new emails in my inbox rather than junk folder. I presume I have't heard anything back as of yet as I was rather late applying for it due to me not seeing it until rather late on.

Yeah it went into my inbox, keep checking both I'm sure you'll hear something back soon. Have you been asked to complete the online tests yet?
Original post by Jid12
Yeah it went into my inbox, keep checking both I'm sure you'll hear something back soon. Have you been asked to complete the online tests yet?

Yes, I had completed them by mid April, I think the final day to submit them was April 19th if I recall correctly.
Reply 188
Yes, I had completed them by mid April, I think the final day to submit them was April 19th if I recall correctly.

I thought the closing date was 10th April. After completing the online tests i waited 4 weeks then received the invitation to assessment centre. So you've still got time.
Original post by Jid12
I thought the closing date was 10th April. After completing the online tests i waited 4 weeks then received the invitation to assessment centre. So you've still got time.

I think the 10th was the last day to apply for the apprenticeship then I had until the 19th (after recieving an invitation to complete said tests on the 12th) to complete the tests, I'm pretty sure I'd completed and submitted them by the 15th, sounds like I should just be patient and wait then! I was getting slightly concerned as it said you should hear back by the end of April, maybe they had more applicants than they thought
Reply 190
Hi, has anyone applied for the Operational Delivery apprenticeship? Could anyone tell me how many applicants there are and how many spaces there are for the Fast Track and OD?

Just done my OD assessment centre, Fast Track next Monday!

hi man im in the exact same position as you, also in the same location however can i ask if you applied via the GIS scheme ? are you disabled in anyway ? i hope it isn't a no for us i may ring up if i can find a number hate being in limbo
Original post by studentLynch
hi man im in the exact same position as you, also in the same location however can i ask if you applied via the GIS scheme ? are you disabled in anyway ? i hope it isn't a no for us i may ring up if i can find a number hate being in limbo

No I didn't apply under the GIS scheme as I'm not disabled in anyway. I hope it isn't a no as well :smile:
Original post by acr97
Hi, has anyone applied for the Operational Delivery apprenticeship? Could anyone tell me how many applicants there are and how many spaces there are for the Fast Track and OD?

Just done my OD assessment centre, Fast Track next Monday!

I've applied for both too. I had my assessment centre in April and found out that I had got the job about 2 weeks later, but this is in Newcastle. I know there were about 200 places available for Newcastle, peterlee and brierly hill? I don't know if you've applied for those :smile:
Reply 194
If you've had an assessment center recently I'd log in to your account and check your communication. :biggrin:
Original post by MrBuck
If you've had an assessment center recently I'd log in to your account and check your communication. :biggrin:

I went on 22nd Feb I think, haven't heard back yet!
Original post by AndersonRN
I went on 22nd Feb I think, haven't heard back yet! ������

Went on the 21st of April, last email I've had is the assessment guidlines and the competencies, 8 days after I was assessed haha
Original post by AFellaW
Went on the 21st of April, last email I've had is the assessment guidlines and the competencies, 8 days after I was assessed haha

Just checked and mine was actually the 21st, I recieved the information email in time thankfully haha
Original post by AndersonRN
Just checked and mine was actually the 21st, I recieved the information email in time thankfully haha

Yeah I mean it's a tad annoying getting it after the assessment centre but the only way it disadvantaged me was I could have focused on the 5 competencies they wanted instead of the 10 or so in the Civil Service framework
Original post by AFellaW
Yeah I mean it's a tad annoying getting it after the assessment centre but the only way it disadvantaged me was I could have focused on the 5 competencies they wanted instead of the 10 or so in the Civil Service framework

Yeah true, if you have a wide range of experience it isn't too hard to think of an example for the questions they asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending