The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
me!

Some police are crap but so are some doctors and nurses! Not everything can be perfect and I suppose they do their best (whilst looking mighty fine!), most of the time!

Firemen are great too :wink:

Hehe, yeah :wink:
But I have to say, the shirts policemen where are rather nice, all white with the little black bits on their shoulders :wink:

P.S. Do you mind if I blatently copy your sig and put make it pink in mine too? I love pink :redface:
Reply 121
Cate
Hehe, yeah :wink:
But I have to say, the shirts policemen where are rather nice, all white with the little black bits on their shoulders :wink:

P.S. Do you mind if I blatently copy your sig and put make it pink in mine too? I love pink :redface:
Being stalking nice, young, handsome policemen have we? :wink:

And of course you can have pink in your sig! I love pink too! I'm going to paint my room pink after these exams are over :biggrin:
Reply 122
me!
Being stalking nice, young, handsome policemen have we? :wink:

And of course you can have pink in your sig! I love pink too! I'm going to paint my room pink after these exams are over :biggrin:

:eek: I would never do such a thing :tongue: There are a lot of them round here though, they just never do anything useful :rolleyes:

Thanks :biggrin: My room is light yellow, not pink alas, but it has pink glittery daisies on the wall :biggrin:
Reply 123
MattG
stupid stupid fools!!:mad:

walking home with a friend from town, 5 minutes away from home, nearing the start of my mates road 3 guys see us walking along from the nearby park. first ask us for cigarettes and we say no, carry on walking, then they ask for money (like 50p) we say no. then they catch up with us and me and my friend walk into somebodies front garden pretending to go to the door, they back off then but because we dont move they are back very quickly.

one of them comes up asking for money, we say weve spent it all, he carries on, in our faces etc. my friend gives them £2 if they go away but they don't and try and get at our pockets, gets £10 out of my wallet. then he sees my mobile in my hand (why did i do that??!) and trys to grab it, scuffle a bit while he tries to get it and his friends look keen to leave. he then goes and picks up a brick and threatens me with it, so i chucked my phone out into the street, he runs after it and at that moment a car full of kids arrives, they jump in and drive off.

grrrr.....

Its because you live near luton gimpy! tough area!
Reply 124
Cloudy
Its because you live near luton gimpy! tough area!
s'not me! i'm far too good looking to ever be mugged :tongue: or something.
Reply 125
Gimp
s'not me! i'm far too good looking to ever be mugged :tongue: or something.

oh yeah, my bad, how could i think that a handsome young man like you would get mugged, MattG on the other hand *jst j/kin* i hate ppl like what mattg had 2 face, i hope they catch em!
Reply 126
Im one of the lucky ones i guess. Ive never been in a situation like that. Im the sort of person who hates people like that, i cant see why someone thinks they have the right to take someone else's belongings! Its way over my head! I can't really comment on what i would do in a situation like the one you were in matt, i mean, its all well and good me saying "yehhh! i would hit them back" Because, i probably wouldnt, then again i might supprise myself and actually hit them back! Im in no position to comment though. Sorry it happened to you matt matey, it really gets you annoyed don't it! :mad: I know im only 18 but, i get really pissed off at people my age sometimes, just walking through town with my mum or my mate and i see people with this huge lack of respect for people and well, basically everything. I just makes my blood boil! That is one of the reasons im going to join the RAF, get away from society for a bit *L*!
MattG
stupid stupid fools!!:mad:

walking home with a friend from town, 5 minutes away from home, nearing the start of my mates road 3 guys see us walking along from the nearby park. first ask us for cigarettes and we say no, carry on walking, then they ask for money (like 50p) we say no. then they catch up with us and me and my friend walk into somebodies front garden pretending to go to the door, they back off then but because we dont move they are back very quickly.

one of them comes up asking for money, we say weve spent it all, he carries on, in our faces etc. my friend gives them £2 if they go away but they don't and try and get at our pockets, gets £10 out of my wallet. then he sees my mobile in my hand (why did i do that??!) and trys to grab it, scuffle a bit while he tries to get it and his friends look keen to leave. he then goes and picks up a brick and threatens me with it, so i chucked my phone out into the street, he runs after it and at that moment a car full of kids arrives, they jump in and drive off.

grrrr.....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah
Reply 128
a bad situation, well me coming from a ruff neighbourhood, muggings are common, but one thing ive learnt is that if you stand up to them they will back off, and find someone easier.
Reply 129
guji
a bad situation, well me coming from a ruff neighbourhood, muggings are common, but one thing ive learnt is that if you stand up to them they will back off, and find someone easier.

It depends how you "stand up" to them. If you kick the crap out of them, they'll just come back with their mates and get their mates to do the job and throw a few punches and kicks.
Reply 130
i hate people like that, they make me so angry. again, like someone said, i hope that if i found myself in a situation like that with no very dangerous weapons involved i would punch the crap out of them and then run for my life.
and i hope that if i saw that happening to some i would step in if not too dangerous but ring 999 just in case to threaten them with it.

a thing i thought a minute ago is like this, what would happen if you know your gonna get mugged like in half a minute or so and you rang 999 as they come up and threaten the bastard with their voice being recorded by the police. would that be enough for them to back off. (it could be used as very good evidence in court should it get to that).

see, in india, if you get caught stealing from somone in public, you won't be left alive. half my family is from india, and my dad and aunt told me that they have seen wih their own eyes, theifs being beaten by a mob and left on the street to die.
Reply 131
you should think your self lucky it could have been a lot worse
Reply 132
SasunD
i hate people like that, they make me so angry. again, like someone said, i hope that if i found myself in a situation like that with no very dangerous weapons involved i would punch the crap out of them and then run for my life.
and i hope that if i saw that happening to some i would step in if not too dangerous but ring 999 just in case to threaten them with it.

a thing i thought a minute ago is like this, what would happen if you know your gonna get mugged like in half a minute or so and you rang 999 as they come up and threaten the bastard with their voice being recorded by the police. would that be enough for them to back off. (it could be used as very good evidence in court should it get to that).

see, in india, if you get caught stealing from somone in public, you won't be left alive. half my family is from india, and my dad and aunt told me that they have seen wih their own eyes, theifs being beaten by a mob and left on the street to die.

Indeed, i have an idea. Lets deport all the thieves to India! If only that would happen over here. Thieves/muggers are just gutless, hopeless twats.
Reply 133
i agree Ryan! i come from Kingston and it has gone right down the sh*thole recently. I would never step in if i saw someone being mugged, last time i saw someone do that in kingston the person had to hold their guts in because some coward pulled a blade out and sunk into their stomach a few dozen times. Atleast they got sent down 4 a good few years
Meh. It sucks when you get mugged, i got 9p stolen off me (i was very poor and on my way back from the pub :biggrin:) at New Cross Gate station a couple of years ago. The thing is, whatever happens, looking back there's ALWAYS something you think you could have done, and there are lots of different ways of handling it. Someone tried to mug my mate a couple of years ago, and he carries his wallet on a bike chain... he handed it over, the dude gave it back to him to unclip the wallet from his jeans, and my mate smacked this bloke over the head with the bike chain. Apparently he saw him on the bus a couple of months later, and he had a great big scar down his scalp from it. I wouldn't recommend this course of action, personally... and frankly, i don't think it's worth getting into a potentially dangerous situation over posessions. They're just *things*.
Reply 135
If I was God or had his powers, I would blast to death all the delinquents in the country. They all deserve it.

When I was about 13, me and my friend decided to take a shortcut through an estate to get to the shops during my lunch break. I was being really stupid playing my Game Boy Color out in the open when 2 guys came up to me and asked what I was playing. The first thing I did was put it into my inside coat pocket. Then they asked if I had any money for the bus but I refused. Then they beat me a bit while my friend just stood there. A passing car stopped for a bit to scare them off but once I continued walking again, they cornered me and punched my head a bit. Once again, my friend did nothing and so did the people passing by (managed to get to the main street by then). Like my friend, they did nothing. Thankfully, after screaming out 'help' twice, they ran away. All I got was a bruise above my eye at the end and a bleeding lip but I was so scared after that.

Stupid police didn't do anything either. Told me to come back later because 'they had a problem with their computers'. I decided to just forget about it.

I can't wait to get out of this country. This sort of crime with delinquents is less common in Japan, which is yet another reason why I will move to there one day.

Latest

Trending

Trending