The Student Room Group

Historical Investigation or Extended Essay...

Poll

Is this topic better as a Historical Investigation or an Extended Essay?

I am an IB Student who is very interested in History. I want to do an research paper on whether WWI/The Great War had greater world influence than WWII/The Second World War.

But I was wondering whether this topic would make a better subject for a Historical Investigation or for the Extended Essay? because Iread that you cant write about the same thing for both assignments, that is true, right?
Reply 1
Yeah it sounds true. Well I think one of the important things to look at is word count.

EE = 3500-4000
Historical Investigation is 2000 I think.

So how many words do you need?
Also if you choose to do one or the other, you still need another topic for the other. :smile:

So I suggest you try to think of another topic and then decide.
Another suggestion is that you talk to your EE supervisor, and history teacher.
Reply 2
Historical investigation is 1500 maximum I think - this research topic is better suited to the EE, otherwise you do not have a sufficient word count to explain it. You are so stupid for not realising this.
Reply 3
Or maybe he was asking a question, no need to call him stupid.

Speed, I think I'll suggest you do your EE on this topic. I would however check with your history teacher that you are able to meet the history EE requirements just in case :smile:

http://194.3.120.243/humanities/ibhist/coursework/extended_essay/index.htm
Some history EE examples you can check.
Reply 4
yea u cnt take do the same topic for pieces of work that u submit as an internal...so its either EE or historical

i wud suggest EE - much more words to work with
To be honest I think even for EE that might be a bit broad because you're going to have to write about the wars' influences in every area and then compare it. Maybe you should limit your question to a a few spheres of influence only.
Reply 6
Id say it isnt fit for either..

It isnt focused enough to be an IB essay title - you need to focus on one aspect of both wars and the influence that it had.

For example "In which of WWI and WWII did advancements in weaponry have the greatest influence on society today?"

Something like that...

Therefore I vote neither.

EDIT: LOL, Natalie beat me to it... but I have examples :p:
danglenister

EDIT: LOL, Natalie beat me to it... but I have examples :p:

We'll call it a tie then :p:
to what extent, is the best phrasing for a history essay then you can rank stuff and do miniconclusions, i wrote a massive spiel helping someone with this a few weeks ago, go fetch :p: and that is a bad ass warning level ^^^

Latest

Trending

Trending