The Student Room Group

Diffusion AQA Additional Science ISA

Hi, I'm currently doing my additional science gcse and we have 3 chances to do ISAs which help with our grade (your best mark gets picked). I have used up 2 out of those 3 chances and have gotten low As. I know it is a good grade to an extent but I really want an A* in my ISA to compensate for any mistakes on my science exams to get an A* overall. My final ISA is on diffusion and apparently it's supposed to be really hard/difficult. Has anyone done it and if so do you have any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I was in the same situation. Remember that ISAs are so often marked incorrectly, for me, my teachers gave me an A* in year 10 then because they marked it incorrectly, our whole year's grades were moved to a D. In year 11 the school marked it and gave me a border B/A but when it came to results day, I actually got 100 UMS in both ISAs, giving me 2 A*s. I agree the biology ISAs can be hard. I recommend reading the spec (on the exam board website) and also the teacher's guides for controlled assessments which you should also be able to find, as this gives guidance. For me, I wrote down everything the teachers said word for word in the lesson before. And learn the structure, because the ISAs tend to be the same structure, just different topics, and they will often repeat questions eg for the variables.
Thanks for such a quick response! Honestly it's my own fault I wrote the wrong hypothesis for chemistry which in turn ruined my whole ISA and for physics I didn't understand the topic(thermistors). I'm so annoyed with myself. I'll go on the aqa site and see if I can find anything to help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending