The Student Room Group

Aqa physics isa

ISA
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i am doing the same thing as you and i would recommend that you learn the percentage uncertainty, they pop up a lot
Reply 2
Im doing mines tomorrow ... How did it go? Was it easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I recommend you do Jun 2013 ISA (for the AS one) if your title is the forces in equilibrium one.

Unfortunately, it was absolutely shocking and I did terribly so I have to now do the emf ISA. :frown: I wish you luck!
Reply 4
Im doing a2 ... I got an A last year but i dont feel confident for this one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Rugzii
Im doing mines tomorrow ... How did it go? Was it easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the experiment yesterday it was fine, really similar to the June 2011 experiment ^^
Reply 6
Original post by luna178
I recommend you do Jun 2013 ISA (for the AS one) if your title is the forces in equilibrium one.

Unfortunately, it was absolutely shocking and I did terribly so I have to now do the emf ISA. :frown: I wish you luck!

Ah no, I'm doing the A2 one but thank you anyway
Good Luck with your ISA's ^.^
Reply 7
Original post by myaman
i am doing the same thing as you and i would recommend that you learn the percentage uncertainty, they pop up a lot

Ohh I remember how to do percentage uncertainty, we went over that so often in AS haha thank you ^^
Reply 8
the experiment was a ruler horizontally attached to two vertical spring of same spring constant and you get result T^2 against mass and good luck BTW
what is the y intercept and gradient for a 1/Current against resistance graph with equation EMF = I(R+r)?
Are the questions in SHM harder that those about capacitors?
Reply 11
Original post by loooooool
what is the y intercept and gradient for a 1/Current against resistance graph with equation EMF = I(R+r)?

Gradient is 1/v since 1/I÷R = 1/I*1/R=1/V the negative intercept on the x axis is the internal resistance -r
Inbox me wanting to discuss the EMF/RESISTANCE Isa/
Original post by loooooool

I'm doing this for my ISA at the moment, I'll show you:

EMF =I(R+r)
EMF/I = R+r
1/I =(R+r)/EMF
1/I =R/EMF +r/EMF
1/I=(1/EMF)*R +r/EMF
y=mx + c (constant gradient line)
y=1/A
x=R
m(gradient)= 1/EMF
+c (intercept) = r/EMF.

Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ahlam H
Gradient is 1/v since 1/I÷R = 1/I*1/R=1/V the negative intercept on the x axis is the internal resistance -r

What? Please explain - I don't think you are right (see my response above.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Fanatical Geek
What? Please explain - I don't think you are right (see my response above.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea ur right I got the intercept wrong but ur method looks great,1/v is the same as 1/Emf right?
Reply 16
did u do the written paper
Original post by ahlam H
Yea ur right I got the intercept wrong but ur method looks great,1/v is the same as 1/Emf right?

Not quite, V is the voltage through the components (in this case the resistor) while EMF is the total energy supplied by the battery (before wasted power through internal resistance.)

Basically the same in this case though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Doing my ISA today and just interested as to how you got 1/V as the gradient? My graph is 1/I in the Y axis and R in the X axis.

If you do change in Y over change in X to find the gradient you end up with 1/I all over R.. Which isn't the same as 1/V or 1/emf.

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?
Original post by Xetter
Doing my ISA today and just interested as to how you got 1/V as the gradient? My graph is 1/I in the Y axis and R in the X axis.

If you do change in Y over change in X to find the gradient you end up with 1/I all over R.. Which isn't the same as 1/V or 1/emf.

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

I've put my working in a response above that should explain it.

Let me know if there's any trouble :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest