HL English A1
HL History
HL Visual Arts
SL Maths Studies
SL Chinese B
SL Physics

To be honest I underestimated Physics SL and Art HL
Art puts a lot of pressure on you
and i have a terrrible teacher...she's prejudice.
But the other subjects are alright....
art is hard HL i think stuff like art is deceptively hard, physics well what did you expect :p:
Reply 22
I'm only in my first year, but uptil now I feel like I've overestimated IB. I hardly get that much homework anyway.(about an hour each night)
I don't think that IB is too terribly hard. You'll have most days with not very much homework. But then, there are the days in which I believe that teachers plan with each other to assign everything due the same one or two days...Those are the late nights. But I must admit, Chemistry HL is brutal sometimes.:rolleyes:
I think i underestimated Maths SL. I am really bad at maths, and maths studies is not an option at my school. So that is the most work for me. I knew that the homework was going to be this much, So no surprises there. What did surprise me is that we do our EE in year1 and we do about a dozen TOK presentations and all of them get graded on top of that i am doing my SATS at the same time. I am so demotivated right now.
Reply 25
cabso1
I'm only in my first year, but uptil now I feel like I've overestimated IB. I hardly get that much homework anyway.(about an hour each night)

First year is easy if you want it to be easy. I strongly suggest you spend some of that free time planning for the next year. Working on EE, etc etc.

If you don't work hard in first year, then in second year you will have a dozen IAs in your face. :smile:
Reply 26
I actually overestimated IB, although this may not be a result of IB itself being easy. I suspect that the Australian school system, while it has many attributes, is not as rigorous as a lot of international educational systems, and that's why I'm not finding it as challenging as I had expected. Then again, I only just finished my first year; I could be in for a nasty shock come February. :rolleyes:
I Underistimated it SSSsssOO MUCH,, So now i am failling,, although i think IB is easy,, but
1) NO TIME TO STUDY FOR the EXam
2) In the Exam U forget evrything ( where did this question come from??)
3) lab reports + projects +essay Take TOO much time
4) U study until 2 am,and yet u dont finish all your H.W
5) therefore in the school u SLEEp :confused:
6) IN this way second year of ib pass by,, Sleep, eat , Computer, sleep, study, coffee sleep
I dont know why,, I didnt study the first year so nos i am suffering, and only now i understood that my mistake was in taking Science Stream., i could have taken ART and reliefed my life from so many PROBLEMS.....
I NEED HELP!!!!!!
IB is Esay in a way and HARD at the same time.........;dots; :hmmmm2:
Reply 28
In the wise words of my president,

I "misunderestimated" IB.:biggrin: :p:

Actually, I'm not sure if that makes me want to laugh at my commander in chief, or cry for my beloved country.
Reply 29
@WoOoW
Calm down o_O. Maybe you should consider planning a schedule for your work if you're having problems with keeping up with the workload. Anyway, I think you would be more stressed if you were in IB Visual arts. My friend usually stays a few extra hours after school doing her projects. Scaarry. At least in the sciences, you can easily grasp concepts with a little reading and practice.
First off, calm down. Banging your head repeatedly on the wall would not help you. It only gives you a concussion, then you can't do anything other than panic even more! :smile:

this is just a hunch :rolleyes: , but don't you think the reason you tend to go blank (or forget everything as you put it) in exams is because you are panicking too much? (I should know, that's what I tend to do in my math tests :biggrin:). take a deep breath, and relax. (I know, tough thing to do at this stage, but you obviously need it).

I have to agree with o.Ob. If you took visual art, you'd be very stressed right now, with the exhibition in a few mere months and having to finish all your pieces and get your workbook up to scratch. trust me, I've seen my art friends go totally ballistic after mock exams trying to get stuff done in time. Art is one of those subjects that makes you spend way too much time at school to finish work on time.
Reply 31
exam papers = manageable
course work = wayyyy to much...overloaded

one good thing is that the exams are predictable ^^
Reply 32
HMS, my hunch would be that the blank mindedness may have something to do with the repeatedly banging your head against a wall analogy that you so kindly mentioned :p:

I underestimated your power, oh IBO of glory
:p: :rolleyes: or that, yes.

but I agree with midnit3owl, the coursework is too much at times and can seriously be annoying.
Reply 34
Writing final draft of my EE, and ToK. Then I just have to touch up my Math IA, Economics Commentaries and I am done.

Ha ha ha!

Joy.
Deus
Writing final draft of my EE, and ToK. Then I just have to touch up my Math IA, Economics Commentaries and I am done.

Ha ha ha!

Joy.

Sounds like fun :smile: Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending