The Student Room Group

UK University Clearing

I got my IB Final Result: 29, and my UCAS Tariff Point: 154. Can I got in City, University of London through clearing with this score?
Original post by maihale
I got my IB Final Result: 29, and my UCAS Tariff Point: 154. Can I got in City, University of London through clearing with this score?

Was there any particular course you were hoping to study at City? Or would any course there be fine?
Reply 2
I hope that I can get into BSc Accounting & Finance
Original post by maihale
I hope that I can get into BSc Accounting & Finance

OK. I'm going to answer your question in A level terms, and then see if I can adequately map that to IB terms (which I'm less familiar with).

For Accounting and Finance BSc (Hons), City's standard entry requirement is AAA. However, the data published by The Uni Guide (here), sourced from the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) shows, "Most popular A-Levels studied (and grade achieved): Mathematics B, Economics B, and Chemistry B". So although they ask for AAA, their currently students typically have BBB. That bodes well.

For courses where BBB is the standard entry requirement, City typically ask for 30 IB points. (See here, for example.) So your 29 IB points is very close. This means it's certainly plausible that they'd accept you via Clearing. It really depends on how other applicants have done, and so how many spaces are left on the course.

Have you contacted them yet to express interest in the course via Clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending