The Student Room Group

It's that possible to start high school and start IB diploma at 20 years old?

Hello everyone, I'm 20 years old and I have to leave school at 15 because depression and bullying, also many family things. I really want to finish high school and start IB program. It's that possible? I really want continue education but China many schools rejected me, Does every country have this age rule? I want to finish high school in a country I can afford and there is no age limit and I can explain why. COVID change my life and many things, I feel lost, I'm learning how to grow and cope and come out of the hard times.
@IBkidinthecorner would you be able to help?
Original post by iL1L

Thanks for the tag and sorry for the late response! @sky1aa I’m sorry to hear about your personal struggles during high school. I don’t think the IB had a strict upper age limit; they just say that it’s aimed at 16-19 year olds. My high school in New Zealand had an international student who was 21 upon graduation I think. It is up to the individual school whether or not they accept you though. You could always write to international schools to ask whether they would consider you. Is there a particular reason you wish to do the IB? It is a very rigorous programme and might not be the easiest high school qualification to ease yourself back into. It may be more practical to do A-Levels as you can focus on your three best subjects rather than trying to be a jack of all trades. I’m happy to answer any questions about the IB you may have. Good luck!
Reply 3
Have you thought of online school? Kings InterHigh is a highly reputed online school which I think might be a bit more flexible on the age thing. They follow all the usual U.K curriculums including the IB. It would be worth contacting them to discuss your personal situation so don't be put off by the ages they've shown on their website.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by iL1L

thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending