The Student Room Group

Accommodation application rejected

Okay so I applied for the accommodation at Qm university, and they say they give priority to first years and those that live further away.

So I got rejected because i live about half an hour away, BUT i will be a first year this year. So I dunno if the'll be giving me a place? They've put me on the waiting list and all that, but yeah..

Do you guys think I'll be getting a place? I totally super need it tbh because, to be honest, my mum won't keep me in the house while i'm studying at university. So I don't really have much choice in the matter.

Thanks for the help guys! xx
Hmmm as you have been rejected it may be time to look for a house share or a privately owned hall on the first day of Freshers you can go to the Accommodation office and see if there are any no shows you may get lucky. here is a helpful link:

http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/alternative/privaterenting/noticeboard/
They won't give you priority I'm afraid. My cousin who goes there (first year also, lives about the same - 45 minutes drive away) and they said he lives too close. You need to practically live outside London I reckon. He managed to find some other first years on TSR or I can't remember some other forum maybe and do a house share and it worked out successfully!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending