The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Its YOUR interview, not anyone elses. It actually quite annoys me that people ask this. Why should they help you out potentially at the expense of themselves?
Reply 2
//
Reply 3
Questions change for different people at the interviews anyway, i don't think i talked to any two people who had the same interviewers for the same subject and ended up with the same questions, so it would be of absolutely no value to you anyway.
Reply 4
:ditto: If anything, it's just going to misguide people in to revising the wrong things etc.
Reply 5
No point grring at me! other people obviously agree with me. Just my opinion, but i think its awful to even ask. Dont you want to get in on an even footing with everyone else? not because you had an unfair advantage to start with?

Interestingly, in my group all the people who didnt get in seemed to be asked the same questions whereas the ones that got in all had their conversations go in different directions. This isnt representative by any means, just an interesting point.
Reply 6
Prior to all our interviews at Oxford we were gathered together and advised by the tutors not to discuss the interviews with other applicants. Basically it would put you at a disadvantage. Every applicant is competing against each other for a place !
Reply 7
ambiguous
Ok, NINA:mad:, I am not applying this year but am interested to know what sort of questions are asked. So they would not be 'helping me out, potentially at the expense of themselves', but merely enquiring about the sort of questions asked.

I think you missed her main point: They'd be putting their own chances at risk even if they weren't actually helping you or trying to help you, simply by discussing their interviews before interviewing had ended. If you're just generally curious about the type of questions asked, surely that can wait until the interviewing period is over?
Reply 8
ambiguous
If anyone has had a Politics or SPS interview at Cambridge please post the questions that they were asked at the interview here....

I know that those questions wont necessarily come up again, but it would be really helpful.

Replies much appreciated.:biggrin:

What you said really get on my nerves. Why should we tell the questions during this interview period? Why should we risk our chances and help u to get in?
I had my interviews recently, but sorry, can't tell u.
Reply 9
//
Reply 10
Solemn Wanderer
I think the original poster has been knocked enough.

Correct

Solemn Wanderer
Although I really do hope they didn't foresee that if people actually allowed them to predict the content of their interview, they'd be cheating.

Had no idea that it would be cheating.....

Solemn Wanderer
And knowing interview questions from previous years is a different thing. Looking at past papers isn't the same thing as cheating by knowing the contents of the exam in advance.

.....and my posts said that I wasn't applying this year, so I have therefore done no wrong.

There is a whole separate thread which gives past questions, some of them SPS, and a few more, from first hand 'witnesses', would not do any harm............well it obviously has:biggrin:
my friend was asked about Politics if thats of any help.

Latest

Trending

Trending