The Student Room Group

Bringing Your Bicycle?

Hello All!

I am travelling to Sheffield from the US this fall. I obviously wont have a car and wanted to bring my bicycle, but I have recently found out that it can cost up to $200 to bring it on the plane and over $600 to ship it! I have a nice bicycle that I wanted to bring, my mother thinks I should use that money to buy a cheap one once I'm over there. Any advice? Do I need one in Sheffield? Is it more efficient to walk or use public transport? Should I pay to bring mine or rent/buy one overseas?
(edited 9 years ago)
In the UK cyclists have a very bad reputation. Better off using public transport
Better of selling it, and using that money for public transport.
Reply 3
Dont bring it and buy a cheap one in the uk because your nice bike will get stolen or vandalized probably
Original post by oliviamalona
Hello All!

I am travelling to Sheffield from the US this fall. I obviously wont have a car and wanted to bring my bicycle, but I have recently found out that it can cost up to $200 to bring it on the plane and over $600 to ship it! I have a very nice bicycle that I wanted to bring, my mother thinks I should use that money to buy a cheap one once I'm over there. Any advice? Do I need one in Sheffield? Is it more efficient to walk or use public transport? Should I pay to bring mine of rent/buy one overseas?

Leave it at home. If you are in hall you probably won't need a bike.

We call 'fall' autumn btw.
Thank you everyone. It seems there's a solid consensus on this issue. I appreciate the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending