The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

woop woop i have liverpool offer AAB and RVC offer AAA AND i still got interview for edinburgh to go, but i have a scary thought that edinburgh will be a pretty tricky interview!! has anyone had an interview at edinburgh and can give me any tips?? it would be much appreciated!!!
Reply 61
i had my interview at Edinburgh in december and they were really nice people, they made me feel really at ease and if i didnt know an answer they helped me and didnt make me feel stupid. they asked me about vaccinations for puppies and horses, worms, some procedures id found interesting at the vets (so work experience), things i liked out of school and stuff like that. Good luck, you already have 2 offers so just be how you were in those it obv works!!
Reply 62
donalfegan - I do Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics

My interview at Edinburgh was pretty much the same as described above...they asked me about my hobbies and why I wanted to go to Edinburgh (I said the exmoor pony society!!)...it is very technical....they want details of stuff you learnt on work experience. They were really friendly though and tried to make me feel relaxed as possible so don't worry about it too much!
Hope this helps
xxxxx
Reply 63
Update...

University: RVC
Year of Entry: 2007
Offer: Conditional
Conditions: AAB (A's in chem and bio, B in maths)
Choice: Probably 2nd

University: Nottingham
Choice: 1st!!!!!!!!!
Reply 64
Conditions: AAB (A in chem and bio B in maths)
Choice: probs 3rd/4th
:biggrin: :biggrin:
University: Liverpool
Conditions: Produce a valid medical Certificate !?!:confused:
Choice: 1st!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Veterinary Medicine 2007

AS levels: Computing/IT(A) Biology (A) Chemistry (A) Physics (A)
A levels: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, (All A)

Liverpool: Interviewed 7th Jan - Offer 22nd Feb :biggrin:
Nottingham: Rejected without Interview :mad:
Offer: AAB
Conditions: A's in chem and bio - according to phone call though track doesn't state any, pass medical and criminal checks
Choice: 1st

:biggrin:
University: Bristol
Conditions: AAB (I think open for any subject)
Choice: 1st/2nd
Reply 68
So far;

Bristol : AB in bio and chem, any order
Nottingham : AA in bio and chem

Have RVC interview on thursday.
Didn't get into Cambridge unfortunately (hopefully for later studies though)

Big up indian vets!!!!!
Reply 69
Im still waitning to hear from Bristol. Is there anyone else who hasn't heard from them yet?!?
Reply 70
depends how you mean by not heard from them? Ive had an interview and been put on hold after that and havent heard whether im in or not yet if thats what you mean? I think quite a few other people are in that situation aswell tho! think weve got at least another 2 weeks wait tho! dam!
Reply 71
i heard from them the other day.....rejection :frown: (was on hold since nov)
Reply 72
Ive been on hold since november too! At least you have other offers tho :smile: how did you find out? I just want to know one way or the other!
Reply 73
got sent a reply by track on ucas....my friend was also on hold since nov and just got accepted, so defo still hope for you :smile:
Reply 74
there is ye! duno how much tho cos i dont feel like i did as well on the interview as i should/could of done! It was the first one id done and i didnt really know wa 2 expect! ah well fingers crossed!
Reply 75
xxnikkixx, u cud always ring/email them if u think its getting on a bit, they finished interviews mid feb, and usually take 2 weeks 2 process last remaining applicants. but that is if u only really want 2 go there, u have that offer @ liverpool dont u?
Reply 76
Ye ive got the liverpool offer and its the place i want! I liekd bristol tho when i went. I phoned them up a week or so ago and was told that they were interviewing until the 7th march so probs would hear after that. I could phone to pester them after all they can only say they havent made a decision yet of they havent gone thru them all yet!
Reply 77
Ah rite, they told me after my interview in January that the interviews finished in 2 weeks (ie mid feb) I pestered Cambridge 4 my feedback letter, and i got it on tuesday. everyone else got theirs early feb.
Reply 78
i thort that myself 2 b onest cos my friend had 2 re-arrange his interview cos it clashed with exams and they said that the revised date they had given him was the last day they wer interviewing (mid feb same as u sed) but then wen i foned again they said 7th march. I think il ring them 2moro 2 make sure!
Reply 79
Woohoo! Got all my offers now!!! :biggrin:

University: RVC
Choice: 2nd?

Choice: 1st!!!!!!!!!

University: Liverpool
Conditions: AAB (any order)
Choice: 2nd?!!! cant decide!

Latest

Trending

Trending