The Student Room Group

10,000 migrants from Africa enter Italy in 1 week! what the hell

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperWolfPaws
ok :smile: but in my experience, xenophobics tend not to even really like their own people, they are normally just bigots who dislike anything that is different to them, rich/poor , culture/beliefs , ability/inability.

Bigots exist everywhere and never do anything good for society. They just cannot accept other people even in their country have a different lifestyle to them. Just very closed minded to others lifestyles.

I don't even know why as a grandchild of immigrants I even felt I needed to defend myself lol
Reply 41
Original post by DaniilKaya
Have you ever heard of Vereniging Martijn?

Whats your point? His views are not mainstream across Europe
Original post by GradMed15
The UK is not yours. Its land isn't yours. Europe isn't yours. This side of the Earth isn't yours. Get over it.

You'd have no qualms with me entering the house you built when you are out, changing the locks and claiming it as my own? It's not yours is it?
Italy have a declining population anyway and massive problems with funding the pensions of all their elderley. Yes it's uncontrolled but if these immigrants can start working it'll probably end up being beneficial
Reply 44
Original post by capitalismstinks
It's insane. The end of the western world as we know it.

The sad thing is most of these parasites are Muslim. They murder Christian migrants en route to Italy, which is a Christian country. Like parasites all they want us the free stuff. Muslims have been oppressing and trying to conquer Western Europe since the day Islam was founded and now they just walk in because of weak politicially correct policy.

Europeans, please wake up.

Oh stfu you Nazi. If Western europeans minded their own ****ing business and didn't colonise the muslim countries, they wouldn't be flocking here in the first place. Also, European leaders love to destabilise Govts in the middle east and impose their 'democracy' on them. ISIS is a direct result of Iraq's invasion by NATO which, as everyone now knows, was based on a lie.
Reply 45
Original post by High Stakes
60 years is not a very long time in the span of things. Colonisation impacts countries for several decades.

Really? Japan got colonized, had an earthquake AND got nuked and were up and running in a few years.
Reply 46
Original post by jedanselemyia
The best thing would be to improve the situation in the countries they come from but nobody's willing to do that...

I thought the sane thing
Original post by Ndella
I thought the sane thing

It's the logical solution. No immigrant really wants to leave their country. If there wasn't any conflict/poverty, they wouldn't leave lol
But all Western powers, especially France, the UK and the US are playing massive roles in the conflicts taking place in Africa and the impoverishment there
Reply 48
This issue pisses me quite frankly off since ages, but now at least people are starting to wake up slowly. I have nothing against legal immigrants that make a net contribution towards the given economy they are staying in, I am a German of Turkish immigrant background and my family immigrated to Egypt in the past decade and started a business there, so I am clearly the last to be against legal immigration or a racist.

However, the fact that Europe opens the flood gates to refugees who bring all sorts of social external costs is unacceptable and these people have to be send back straight away or prevented from arriving in the first place no matter how. The problem only can be solved by fixing the problem at its root and this is destroying political and economic instability in the third world.

My suggestion of addressing this is by temporarily welcoming these people into Europe give them military training and education to give them the means to take back their country and establish a functioning government and of course we will give them the weapons and material to start their conquest. This would cost a few billions in the short run but in the long run with socio-economic cooperation and investment into these countries will be able to stand on their own feet and unlike the mistake committed in Afghanistan they will be re-established as working countries by 'their own' people for their 'own' people, then we will reap the rewards, especially considering that Europe's economy is stagnating and we need new markets to export to so within 10-20 years the third world could be a better place and we would have new trading partners.

I am vouching on this, it would work. If Eritrean refugees for example truly escaped and left their families behind in order to live in a place with stability and no corruption, I am sure they would like nothing more than to go back and make the country a better place for their families and future generations. Unlike arming existing rebels groups in like Syria and Libya, these people's intentions are clear and are isolated, so we can indoctrinate them with the right ideals and give them the right knowledge and even more importantly means to accomplish what has to be done. Otherwise, we will just have to accept more and more of them, and eventually even go there ourselves to feed the poor guys that don't manage to escape and have a bigger tap in the end both economic and social terms.

But these is just my 50 cents and of course I am gonna get attacked for this idea, because fixing the problem at its root is seemingly not the most apparent solution to most of the people out there. These people that flee are the only peace loving and stability desiring once left in that country and eventually those places will be dominated by bad guys (such as Syria and ISIS) and we will be forced to act militarily anyways, so why not just empower the good people to start the good fight and not give the bad guys the propaganda material of the white man colonizing their place?

EDIT:

And if you say that these refugees might not be willing to fight for their country or are scared, they either are frauds or do not deserve help. Because I love my country and I would die for it as a patriot if it had to be, and generally people that do not want to help themselves do not deserve any to begin with.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lady Comstock
You'd have no qualms with me entering the house you built when you are out, changing the locks and claiming it as my own? It's not yours is it?

If you created England, then it'd be yours. You didn't. You happened to be born there and with it comes many privileges some wouldn't have in many countries. That's fine but don't be deluded thinking you can dictate who comes in and goes out of this country. This is particularly for UK citizens, who seem to have forgotten how many countries "Great Britain" invaded and messed up. The situation you just described will sound very familiar to them.

How about trying to improve quality of life for everyone? I'm not saying everyone in the developing countries should move to developed areas, but that we should give people the freedom to make decisions in their lives. So 10000 migrants went to Italy... so what? It's not illegal, live and let live. Build/buy your own house, that's yours. The country however, isn't.

If I moved to Australia today and one of their citizens told me to "leave their country", I'd just laugh tbh.

Edit: if I had it my way, I'd want everyone to focus on improving the quality of life in developing countries, so that people wouldn't feel like they need to leave. Until that happens, let those who can find "a better life" do whatever they can for themselves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by al_94
Without African immigrants Italy would not have Mario Balotelli :smile:

Wait.... Are you telling me there are people that like Balotelli?
Reply 51
Original post by jedanselemyia
It's the logical solution. No immigrant really wants to leave their country. If there wasn't any conflict/poverty, they wouldn't leave lol
But all Western powers, especially France, the UK and the US are playing massive roles in the conflicts taking place in Africa and the impoverishment there

Exactly. They governments need to look at the root of the problem rather than making assumptions. People don't want to look at other perspectives and it leads to negativity. It's certainly the logical way.
Original post by Ndella
Exactly. They governments need to look at the root of the problem rather than making assumptions. People don't want to look at other perspectives and it leads to negativity. It's certainly the logical way.

Definitely. People blame them for coming but they would do the same thing if it were them
But the short term solution would be to welcome these refugees of course, we just can't let them die
Original post by Trupac
Oh stfu you Nazi. If Western europeans minded their own ****ing business and didn't colonise the muslim countries, they wouldn't be flocking here in the first place. Also, European leaders love to destabilise Govts in the middle east and impose their 'democracy' on them. ISIS is a direct result of Iraq's invasion by NATO which, as everyone now knows, was based on a lie.

But the parasites are coming from Sub Saharan Africa. They are deliberately travelling into Libya with the intention of reaching Europe.

Your arguments are ****.
If you created England, then it'd be yours. You didn't. You happened to be born there and with it comes many privileges some wouldn't have in many countries. That's fine but don't be deluded thinking you can dictate who comes in and goes out of this country. This is particularly for UK citizens, who seem to have forgotten how many countries "Great Britain" invaded and messed up. The situation you just described will sound very familiar to them.

So the threshold upon which a person can 'own' land is when he has created it? Would I be free to enter your house whilst you are out, change the locks and declare it as mine? This house would be a pre-existing house which you either rent or have taken over ownership from a previous owner.

A sovereign country is fully within its rights to dictate who can enter and who can leave. It is also in the public interest to do so in many cases.

The actions of the British Empire should not have a bearing on the current country's immigration policy.

How about trying to improve quality of life for everyone? I'm not saying everyone in the developing countries should move to developed areas, but that we should give people the freedom to make decisions in their lives. So 10000 migrants went to Italy... so what? It's not illegal, live and let live. Build/buy your own house, that's yours. The country however, isn't.

This seems logically inconsistent to me. So if you buy pre-existing land as an individual and become its owner, it's yours, but if you are the owner of a land mass and its owner as a state, it's not yours?

Edit: if I had it my way, I'd want everyone to focus on improving the quality of life in developing countries, so that people wouldn't feel like they need to leave. Until that happens, let those who can find "a better life" do whatever they can for themselves.

I agree, but it's wholly unrealistic to allow the entire developing world to move where they want. You say they should be allowed to improve the quality of their lives, but this would not be so if they emigrated in such numbers that a country's public services could not sustain them. The quality of their lives would be poor in that instance.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by An☺nymous
10,000 migrants have entered Italy in just one week! in a year that would well over 5 million people!

Why is nothing is being done to prevent this? It's time for Italy and other Europeans to wake up. We make a relatively small amount of the population and we're bombarded by countries that dwarf us. This is not acceptable that we're made foreigners in our own homeland just because we're kind and tolerant people who save them from drowning. LOL

Over 5 MILLION?! Last time I checked 10,000x52 is 520,000....
Reply 56
Original post by Trupac

You are completely ignorant when it comes to how Governments actually work.

Japan didn't want tons immigrants in their country so they operate a very strict immigration policy only allowing a very tiny amount of highly skilled workers into their country.

If European countries had wanted to they could easily have adopted the same policy after WW2. It has absolutely nothing to do with invading other counties.

For the record you probably didn't even know that Muslims invaded and colonised European territory as well. The holy lands belonged to the Christian Eastern Roman empire before Muslims invaded when they raped and killed thousands in the name of Islam.

Muslims also invaded Spain, Portugral, France, parts of Italy Greece and much of Eastern Europe.

Learn some basic history before writing such ignorance.
Reply 57
I love the fact that my earlier idea is being completely ignored LOL
Reply 58

If I moved to Australia today and one of their citizens told me to "leave their country", I'd just laugh tbh.

Oh please if Saudi Arabia was being overun with white American redneck hillbillys you wouldn't be saying that the country dosen't belong to native Muslims.

You wouldn't dare say native muslims can't dictate who can come and live in Saudi arabia. You would actually be screaming the exact opposite.

For the record if I personally build a house and I die then that house now belongs to my children. It then belongs to their children once their parents have passed away. It's the exact same principle with countries.

Your own personal misguided philosophies have no basis in reality. Funny how you don't mention how many countries Muslims have messed up. I doubt you even know the history of the horrific atrocities commited by those in the name of Islam in all the countries they invaded.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think the cost of processing asylum seeker applications last year in the UK cost us £750,000 a day, as we had to allocate them a daily allowance and a place to live........... this doesn't take into account the medical costs or schooling for their huge families while they are waiting, which we provide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending