The Student Room Group

Student Finance Laziness

Why has student finance always been so slow and why wont it change? I applied for maintenance loan in August just like my tuition fee loan. No issues with Tuition fees, but the maintenance loan application is an absolute disaster.
First I applied as a family member of a migrant worker, which the following month changed to settled status (sent that off as well); and it took them from September to December to put that into their records and tell me that the FIRST payment I would receive is going to be put down as ‘family member of a migrant worker’ and the rest settled. Then I apparently put my bank details wrong the first time around, and now here we are in January, I’m still waiting for them to answer to my letter with the correct details. Just to paint you a better picture of this mess, i live in a student accommodation, my mother had to pay for my first instalment, which I still have not been able to pay her back for: and she sure as hell wont pay for the second (rightfully so) which is in a couple of days. I already knew it would be so slow, cause all of my immigrant friends have to go through the same thing the first year of Uni. Mind you, Unite students can be patient, but theres a limit, they will accumulate more and more money the later you pay. So on top of that, when I will receive my payments, so much money would already be wasted on accumulated rent. So why is it that they’re so slow? I’m on call to them EVERY WEEK since September. 40 minute wait time which is already bad enough, are they understaffed? Corrupted? or just simply LAZY? Anyway, Yall also expect us to pay you back money that especially us immigrants have to wait months for. It is what it is.
Original post by angelo222
Why has student finance always been so slow and why wont it change? I applied for maintenance loan in August just like my tuition fee loan. No issues with Tuition fees, but the maintenance loan application is an absolute disaster.
First I applied as a family member of a migrant worker, which the following month changed to settled status (sent that off as well); and it took them from September to December to put that into their records and tell me that the FIRST payment I would receive is going to be put down as ‘family member of a migrant worker’ and the rest settled. Then I apparently put my bank details wrong the first time around, and now here we are in January, I’m still waiting for them to answer to my letter with the correct details. Just to paint you a better picture of this mess, i live in a student accommodation, my mother had to pay for my first instalment, which I still have not been able to pay her back for: and she sure as hell wont pay for the second (rightfully so) which is in a couple of days. I already knew it would be so slow, cause all of my immigrant friends have to go through the same thing the first year of Uni. Mind you, Unite students can be patient, but theres a limit, they will accumulate more and more money the later you pay. So on top of that, when I will receive my payments, so much money would already be wasted on accumulated rent. So why is it that they’re so slow? I’m on call to them EVERY WEEK since September. 40 minute wait time which is already bad enough, are they understaffed? Corrupted? or just simply LAZY? Anyway, Yall also expect us to pay you back money that especially us immigrants have to wait months for. It is what it is.

Hi Angelo,

If you wish to make a complaint you can email this to us. Once received you will get an acknowledgment email in 5 working days and the full complaint would be processed in 25 working days.

You should include;

Your Customer Reference Number (CRN)

Your date of birth

Your full name and address (this should be the same as the one we hold in our systems for you)

Details of what happened and when include everything you want us to consider or investigate

What you think we should do to put it right

A contact number and a convenient time to call you

[email protected]

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending