The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology - 6B101 + 6B102 - Unit 1 and Unit 2 Exam Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fayella9
Hi guys! This is really late but how did you guys do in your Unit 3 and Unit 6 courseworks? Like in my school, everybody got a D for unit 3 which doesn't make sense because we know our quality and it wasn't worth a D.Unit 6 however was varied around a B and C only, I got a B...has anything like that happened with you guys?
Our school sent it for a batch reevaluation but its coming back in 40days, I missed an A* in paper 4 by 1 mark and Paper 5 by 2 marks, My total score is 498/600, got an overall A...but there's no such boundary online so could anyone tell me if I should reevaluate these peoples to try for an A*? because the deadline for sending for reevaluation is this Sat :/
Only one guy got an A* in our school and even he got a D and B for the issue report and coursework so i really don't know, cuz this feels like a gamble. :/ Cuz I know they say we need 90% in A2 and stuff but that honestly makes no sense as boundaries were so low as it is, and that guy got 528/600 total ums and around 228/300 for his A2 papers only..which is NOT 90%

I'd definitely try and do something about it, send things off or I feel like trying to talk to someone on the phone or something would be even better! Something doesn't add up, I get what you mean😊
Original post by lilyelisabeth
I'd definitely try and do something about it, send things off or I feel like trying to talk to someone on the phone or something would be even better! Something doesn't add up, I get what you mean😊

But sending each paper is like 500dhs. ( I live in Dubai btw) and that's like 1000dhs for both papers which is like £200 and it's aloot so I don't wanna spend so much if it's gonna go down tha drain anyway when the courseworks get back :/
Original post by fayella9
But sending each paper is like 500dhs. ( I live in Dubai btw) and that's like 1000dhs for both papers which is like £200 and it's aloot so I don't wanna spend so much if it's gonna go down tha drain anyway when the courseworks get back :/

Oh okay £200 is a lot! Hmmmm I really don't know what I would do... To be honest I would be ecstatic to get an A!
Original post by lilyelisabeth
Oh okay £200 is a lot! Hmmmm I really don't know what I would do... To be honest I would be ecstatic to get an A!

haha I want to apply to med in Canada and it's veryvery competitive so I need every possible advantage and A* is a huge advantage :c
Original post by ultimatesword
Sure. PM me your email and I'll send it across. How'd you do out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking?

Hey,
A little late post, but can you PM me the mark scheme too, I really need it
Original post by rasil23
The papers and markschemes have been "released"
If you want them I can put them up here if you haven't seen them already.

Can I see the mark schemes?
Please can you upload the mark schemes or PM them to me too please? Thanks
Original post by Pinker1
Can I see the mark schemes?

Can you send me the mark scheme too please?
Original post by santanamcdougall
Can you send me the mark scheme too please?

hi this is like super late but can you PM the mark scheme ??
Original post by rasil23
The papers and markschemes have been "released"
If you want them I can put them up here if you haven't seen them already.

Could you send me the mark scheme :smile:
Original post by _anjali98
Could you send me the mark scheme :smile:

Can I have the mark scheme too, please?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone tell me what core practical questions came up in June 2015 for Unit 1 and Unit 2? Someone has probably mentioned it on this thread but I can't seem to find anything :frown:
Is there an official mark scheme for unit 2 ?
Can anyone who is sitting 'Edexcel AS-level Biology (Salters nuffield)' tell me what practicals you are predicting to show up for Unit and Unit in the summer (2016)? Someone please help, I don't know my core practicals too well so it'll help if I can sort of narrow it down :frown:
Just know these like the back of your hand and your good to go.
Original post by BrownGuyIrfan
Just know these like the back of your hand and your good to go.

Thank you so much!!! :smile:
Has anyone learnt gametogenesis/ plant fertilisation for new spec unit 2?
We were taught brieflybecause our teachers said that it could come up but it's not mentioned in the new spec
Can someone tell me what sex-linkage is?
Hellllp, which core practicals are in unit 2? (topic 3 + 4)
Did anyone sit the IAL Unit 2 Bio, Today?
How was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending