The Student Room Group

Are you born with your sexuality or can it be influenced by external factors?

Scroll to see replies

I guess that proves my original theory wrong lol. I did find some stuff on there explaining my pretty weird fetish though lmao.
Reply 41
Original post by ChickenMadness
I guess that proves my original theory wrong lol. I did find some stuff on there explaining my pretty weird fetish though lmao.

To be fair, they mention 'factors' that can influence it, but it's quite safe to say that most of the job is done before birth.
Original post by Dee .. ♥
i remember in nursery(3/4years old), sitting on the mat there was a cutie and i remember fantasizing :mmm:

#kinkyfromday1

Hahah same :colondollar:
Original post by lidiax
This is kind of an extension of the whole 'nature vs nurture' debate, I guess. Despite most LBGTQ+ people saying they were born with their sexuality, and therefore cannot change it (which I totally accept, by the way), as more of a believer in the 'nurture' side of the debate, surely the nurture can extend to ultimately influencing your sexuality? For example, I have grown up surrounded by heterosexual people (obviously due to the heteronormative society in which we live), however only once I started learning about issues surrounding social justice and finding many friends who identify with a sexuality that's not heterosexual, I have found myself becoming more open with my sexuality personally. (I'm not looking to be malicious or offend anyone in any way, just curious to find out what people think about this!) So, opinions?

Sexuality, no matter which, is largely psychological. I don't care what anyone says, homo, hetero, asexual, bi, tri, paedo, animal, toy truck, etc. sexuality is mostly psychological because it deals with subconscious science of attraction, and then child development. If there is a gay gene (:colonhash:), then everyone must be related because gays are popping up everywhere. No one's born anything, you're born naked and covered in nasty placenta. That's it. Whatever you are, you simply became it for a number of individual reasons. I'm so sick of the born-this-way hysteria. I know I wasn't born hetero, I came a long way to realise I like dick penetration and I'm still not sure because 1/2 the time I find men absolutely repulsive :colonhash: so it separates me from wanting dick at all. But it doesn't make me a lesbian since I don't want women. But I'm not going to walk around in an asexual badge either. It's all bull****. Just **** each other and shutup.
Original post by Dee .. ♥
i remember in nursery(3/4years old), sitting on the mat there was a cutie and i remember fantasizing :mmm:

#kinkyfromday1

Looking back on it now, I remember having these little crushes on guys in nursery but obviously then I just thought I wanted to be good friends with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending