The Student Room Group

Can I get all 10 evaluation marks on a Psych 16 marker without using other studies?

Is it possible to use Issues/Debates, Validity, Reliability, Applications, Ethical Issues, etc and all the other general A03 points in depth enough that if I can't remember a study I can use for A03, I can still access the marks?
Exam Board: AQA (A-Level)
Reply 1
It is certainly a good way to still get marks despite not having any specific research support for a 16 marker, however you must make sure it is still specific to the question to fully maximise how many marks you get.
e.g. if the question was on genetic factors influencing aggression:
using issues and debates: you can say how 'the explanation is reductionist and doesn't account for other factors' however this is quite vague and can be used for any genetic explanation across the specification. You must link it explicitly to aggression e.g. the MAOA gene and how aggression is too complex of a behaviour to only be affected by genes and that there may be environmental triggers like household environments which may influence violent acts.
So yes you can use those in your evaluation as long as you are specific with it and don't make it sound like any generic evaluation point that can be applied anywhere, this will definitely still get you marks!
That said, if you can recall a piece of research to evaluate, using issues and debates, ethics, etc. are good ways to further support/criticise the study which will help further develop your evaluation points.
Reply 2
Original post by mushroom01
It is certainly a good way to still get marks despite not having any specific research support for a 16 marker, however you must make sure it is still specific to the question to fully maximise how many marks you get.
e.g. if the question was on genetic factors influencing aggression:
using issues and debates: you can say how 'the explanation is reductionist and doesn't account for other factors' however this is quite vague and can be used for any genetic explanation across the specification. You must link it explicitly to aggression e.g. the MAOA gene and how aggression is too complex of a behaviour to only be affected by genes and that there may be environmental triggers like household environments which may influence violent acts.
So yes you can use those in your evaluation as long as you are specific with it and don't make it sound like any generic evaluation point that can be applied anywhere, this will definitely still get you marks!
That said, if you can recall a piece of research to evaluate, using issues and debates, ethics, etc. are good ways to further support/criticise the study which will help further develop your evaluation points.

Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending