The Student Room Group

Pretty people

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Fabregas07
No there isn't. Looks are EVERYTHING. If you were dating a male model and he couldn't even speak the relationship would still be incredible.

Not for me it wouldn't, and I'm sure many people feel the same. A huge part of a relationship is based on communication, even in the bedroom! Looks are irrelevant when you find someone you can connect to on a much deeper level and have interesting conversations with and banter and whatnot :tongue:
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
This is such 15 yr old thinking, I can't. Do you go outside. I've seen very attractive people with average/below average all the time. Who are you to say what a 9/10 or 4/10 is anyway? Half of these celebrities you love have "ugly" significant others, or we're simply shocked to see who they're dating like "her?! with him?! why?!" Grow up. :facepalm2:

Relationships where there's such a massive gap in looks don't last long - like seriously why would you settle for someone not good looking when you could do much better so easily?

Noones personality is good enough to swing that
Feels good when you are mired by 8/9's. But lower than 5 you may as well kill yourself lmao

LMAO I've been debating with people who say "mired." Right. You two enjoy the thread.
Original post by hdindak
cant get love or self respect or confidence or an interesting personality or kindness or respect or people to like you

Lol, I'm not saying that if you have money you are probably a boring person who doesn't have any friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you block an entire thread? I'm about ready to puke all over it. Please stop quoting me :talkhand:.
I'm done getting upset because now I know there are people who have common sense about this. I mean the fact that you're rating people with numbers based on their looks is sad alone. I'll just pray for you that one day you grow up.

so a male model with adonis like looks is really going to date a 4/10 ugly individual? No because they can get 7,8,9's and 10's. Simple Mathematics.
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Not for me it wouldn't, and I'm sure many people feel the same. A huge part of a relationship is based on communication, even in the bedroom! Looks are irrelevant when you find someone you can connect to on a much deeper level and have interesting conversations with and banter and whatnot :tongue:

How do you not pull your hair out when you respond to these posts?
Just because someone shares that juvenile thinking it doesn't mean you're right. It just means you both will be miserable wanting to look like a celebrity who you have no idea is terribly unfulfilled.

Unfulfilled with what? All the money, popularity and Good looks?

Life is shallow why are you denying it
LMAO I've been debating with people who say "mired." Right. You two enjoy the thread.

Me and OP are right, you live in delusional dreamland
Reply 49
Original post by Anonymous
If there's no sexual attraction to the ugly person you wouldn't date them would you?

Would you rather date Prince Charming with a bland personality or shrek who's a laugh?

Sexual attraction isn't necessarily based on looks. An ugly person in your eyes may be a 'sex god' in another person's eyes. It just depends if that chemistry's there regardless of what they look like. A lot of it is actually to do with confidence. And who says 'ugly' people can't be confident?!

Shrek who's a laugh 100%! The other option sounds way too boring!
Fair enough diet and exercise can get you a decent body

But what about the case of a guy who is really short or has an ugly face? He can't cover that up with make up can he?

He can change what he can change and accept what he can't. If he doesn't like the look of his face then he can grow out his facial hair or get rid of it if he already has some. If he has bushy eyebrows he can get them plucked. Eyebrows do a lot for a guy's face - not just girls. Hairstyles also do a lot more for a guy's face. He can grow out his hair or get it cut. Faces can be altered by the things that can be changed around them.

As the cliche goes, looks aren't everything. The majority of people out there aren't pretty or attractive, but they look good enough to pass for average. As long as you can be average you're fine.
looks mean nothing, it’s sad when people choose someone for their looks and not for who they really are…. Maybe this is why so many people get hurt
Reply 52
How do you not pull your hair out when you respond to these posts?

LOL! I'm assuming we're feeling the same then. It's shocking. :eek:
Original post by LearningGeek
As sceptical as this may sound
If you have the money, you can get pretty much anything, even if you are the ugliest person on earth

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right! Just look at Dan Bilzerian
I know right! Just look at Dan Bilzerian

Exactly! Someone understands me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry how is it shocking? You're living in a fantasy world if you think looks mean nothing when it comes to relationships or life

Just look how overly sexualised everything on the TV or in magazines is
i think the biggest goal is to be average
Reply 57
Sorry how is it shocking? You're living in a fantasy world if you think looks mean nothing when it comes to relationships or life

Just look how overly sexualised everything on the TV or in magazines is

I'm not saying it doesn't mean anything for some people, but for others it doesn't mean a thing, or is a very small part in their decision making to be with a particular person.

What appears on TV is not a true representation of real lives in our society. As you can see, if you've observed your surroundings, nobody is 'airbrushed perfect' and we have a high rate of obesity in the UK, so the media doesn't manipulate everyone's lifestyle.

And if a person decides to be with another based on these superficial things, it doesn't really stand a chance of lasting very long. Relationships need substance.
so a male model with adonis like looks is really going to date a 4/10 ugly individual? No because they can get 7,8,9's and 10's. Simple Mathematics.

Hahahahaha! No sorry, I'ma let you finish, but that is not mathematics.

Looks can be a wonderful advantage in life, but unless you're a feckless ****, it's not the most important thing ever. Be a person who people would want to know, don't sit around playing your tiny violin because you aren't as good looking as you want to be. That's likely your most unattractive feature. People have to overcome much more difficult adversity than this.

TL: DR - Grow up.

OP is the one obsessed with silly looks, like a child who hasn't stepped into the real world to see that once University and jobhunting begin, if you don't have the qualifications, experience or skills, no one could give a **** how attractive you are. And when it comes to relationships (which OP obv hasn't had either) if you are a selfish ******* your good looking ass will be alone. But now OP's had the nerve to say you live in a fantasy world :toofunny:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending