The Student Room Group

Are my alevels really THAT random??

It’s not rlly a big deal but whenever people ask me what subjects I do and I tell them, they always say ‘that’s random..’ in kind of a judgy tone. (I study biology, psychology and French btw). Did i not choose well 😭??
A science, psychology, and a language is pretty typical...
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
A science, psychology, and a language is pretty typical...
Thank u for saying this I feel better now 🙏
Original post by irenxic
It’s not rlly a big deal but whenever people ask me what subjects I do and I tell them, they always say ‘that’s random..’ in kind of a judgy tone. (I study biology, psychology and French btw). Did i not choose well 😭??
no i like it it's cool ❤️ i do psychology, sociology and spanish - some people have said its a bit random too!!
I think Biology and Psychology go together. I think people find it random because those that tend to do a language, usually pair the language with humanities subjects. E.g. Politics, History, French
lmfao random to me would be geo art food tech , ur good
It seems good to me, I do Geography Physics and Religious Studies and I just think as long as you’re doing what you enjoy (and you don’t limits uni options toooo much) does it really matter?
Original post by irenxic
nah - pretty cool and standard !!! fellow French student here !!
Reply 8
Original post by emm4nuella
no i like it it's cool ❤️ i do psychology, sociology and spanish - some people have said its a bit random too!!
thank u ☺️💗 (I think sociology psych and Spanish are cool too)
Reply 9
Original post by erin11
nah - pretty cool and standard !!! fellow French student here !!
Ohh hi are you in yr 12 or 13?
Reply 10
Original post by InnateImpunity
I think Biology and Psychology go together. I think people find it random because those that tend to do a language, usually pair the language with humanities subjects. E.g. Politics, History, French
Yea that makes sense. I did English literature which kinda pairs with French, but I ended up dropping it
Original post by irenxic
Ohh hi are you in yr 12 or 13?
y13
Reply 12
Original post by erin11
y13
I’m in yr 12 and was wondering if you have any tips on how you revise cuz I’m kinda struggling 😅
Original post by irenxic
Biology and psychology link really well, and as a psychology student at University psychology and languages work well too, there is a large area of psychology that focuses on communication and linguistic abilities . So psychology is like your glue between the three 😊
Original post by irenxic
I’m in yr 12 and was wondering if you have any tips on how you revise cuz I’m kinda struggling 😅
A LOT of past papers, quizlet, memrise. mindmaps
Original post by irenxic
bio and psych are normally pretty common together. I think people find doing a langauge random because its not as popular. But these choices sound like a good match

Quick Reply

Latest