The Student Room Group

Understanding Prose - 40 marks - Question Prediction 2015?

I have been taking a look back through all of the Edexcel Past Understanding Prose Papers, at the 40 mark questions in particular. I've only been focusing on describing the significance of certain characters, but I've found Crooks, Curley, Curley's Wife, Lennie, George and Candy. With this in mind am I right in thinking this year it'll probably be about Slim?

Also, would anyone be interested in marking any practice essay questions I do in the future days?

Thanks.
Original post by Olmeister
I have been taking a look back through all of the Edexcel Past Understanding Prose Papers, at the 40 mark questions in particular. I've only been focusing on describing the significance of certain characters, but I've found Crooks, Curley, Curley's Wife, Lennie, George and Candy. With this in mind am I right in thinking this year it'll probably be about Slim?

Also, would anyone be interested in marking any practice essay questions I do in the future days?

Thanks.

That's exactly what I was thinking. All the other main characters have come up so the character question is most likely going to be about Slim's significance. What text have you been studying for section A?
I have been thinking that it will be slim as well but I emailed my teacher about if Section B is about the significance of a character but...

Hi ,

This is a good question.

Although the importance of particular characters is a common question, there are also other types of question that come up on the Literature exam. Below are the key example questions

In what ways is the character of George important in the novel?
In what ways is the theme of hope explored within the novel?
Why is the relationship between Candy and his dog significant in the novel?
In what ways is the theme of trust explored in the novel?

Perhaps you can use these to structure your own revision; I hope you’ll have a lesson on each of these questions too. (Remember that these are example questions I don’t mean that I expect these specific questions to be in the exam!)

But im assuming that it will probably be Slim !
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
I have been thinking that it will be slim as well but I emailed my teacher about if Section B is about the significance of a character but...

Hi ,

This is a good question.

Although the importance of particular characters is a common question, there are also other types of question that come up on the Literature exam. Below are the key example questions

In what ways is the character of George important in the novel?
In what ways is the theme of hope explored within the novel?
Why is the relationship between Candy and his dog significant in the novel?
In what ways is the theme of trust explored in the novel?

Perhaps you can use these to structure your own revision; I hope you’ll have a lesson on each of these questions too. (Remember that these are example questions I don’t mean that I expect these specific questions to be in the exam!)

But im assuming that it will probably be Slim !

There's two options: one is usually on the significance of a character and the other is on a theme, relationship, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest