The Student Room Group

how do bristol and durham look at LNAT?

I got offers from both 1-2 weeks after applying and wondering if it means my LNAT essay went okay? I thought the section B went pretty badly (didn’t like the topics). Does anyone know how much weight is put on the LNAT essay relative to other components? I’m not looking for any solid data, just thoughts and observations lol. I also applied to UCL and I know they apparently really care about LNAT essays, that’s why i’m asking 😭
Original post by aloexo
I got offers from both 1-2 weeks after applying and wondering if it means my LNAT essay went okay? I thought the section B went pretty badly (didn’t like the topics). Does anyone know how much weight is put on the LNAT essay relative to other components? I’m not looking for any solid data, just thoughts and observations lol. I also applied to UCL and I know they apparently really care about LNAT essays, that’s why i’m asking 😭

I am literally in the same place!!! SAT MY LNAT TODAY and the essay was just weird??!!!
Reply 2
According to the LNAT Master website - "Bristol
[start]Applications are scored and ranked based on their academic record, according to their achieved or predicted results with the following weightings: GCSE 20% | A-Level 40% | LNAT 40%[/start]
[start]The essay will be read and assessed by University of Bristol staff. Within the essay section, they look for candidates who can demonstrate the ability to make and sustain a persuasive argument and have a strong command of language."[/start]

"Durham
[start]The LNAT may be used to distinguish between otherwise similar candidates, alongside the other evidence available to admissions selectors from a candidate's UCAS application.[/start]
[start]In assessment of an LNAT essay, Durham looks for:[/start]

Focus on the particular question

Clarity of expression and fluency of prose

A logical progression and structure

Reference(s) to relevant evidence

An ability to recognise, and address, counter-arguments

A concise and effective conclusion."

I also gives the average LNAT scores of people accepted etc - https://lnatmaster.com/lnat-universities/
Original post by Courtn3yTaku
I am literally in the same place!!! SAT MY LNAT TODAY and the essay was just weird??!!!

Hey I’m just wondering what your stats are? I’ve applied to but haven’t received my offers from Bristol or Durham yet - afraid I might have flunked the LNAT.
Reply 4
Original post by ellelelehehehe

Hey I’m just wondering what your stats are? I’ve applied to but haven’t received my offers from Bristol or Durham yet - afraid I might have flunked the LNAT.

I’m predicted 42/45 in IB (777 HL) so not sure that helps any

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending