The Student Room Group

AS Biology Edexcel IAL Unit 1 & 2 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
has anyone solved the gce june 11 paper.. for question 2 (a) can someone send me a picture with correct diagram labels plz?
Original post by A84
has anyone solved the gce june 11 paper.. for question 2 (a) can someone send me a picture with correct diagram labels plz?

G= bond connecting two hexagons horizontally
H= vertically
how to draw the structure of golgi apparatus ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Also what is meant be (non-linear described) in a graph?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by A84

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Also what is meant be (non-linear described) in a graph?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liniar graphs are graphs showing a straight line, so non-liniar would be everything else
Original post by PinkRhinos
Liniar graphs are graphs showing a straight line, so non-liniar would be everything else

Oh and how can we describe a non-linear graph like we say in this is a non- linear graph and as this substance (for example) increase the other increase/decrease ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh and how can we describe a non-linear graph like we say in this is a non- linear graph and as this sibstance (for example) increase the other increase/decrease ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://study.com/academy/lesson/how-to-read-scientific-graphs-charts.html
Reply 169
Can anyone explain how does a totipotent stem cell produce a multipotent stem cell?
Reply 170
how to draw the structure of golgi apparatus ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say that this picture includes all we need to know about drawing a golgi apparatus :smile:

Golgi_apparatus.png
Original post by DK 96
Can anyone explain how does a totipotent stem cell produce a multipotent stem cell?

The totipotent cell will divide and differentiate into a pluripotent cell by activated genes which produce mRNA which will be translated into specific proteins that will modify the cell and differentiate it then the pluripotent cell will differentiate into a multipotent cell

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ~xSarahx~
I would say that this picture includes all we need to know about drawing a golgi apparatus :smile:

Golgi_apparatus.png

Thanks! :yes::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The totipotent cell will divide and differentiate into a pluripotent cell by activated genes which produce mRNA which will be translated into specific proteins that will modify the cell and differentiate it then the pluripotent cell will differentiate into a multipotent cell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure that's correct?
Are you sure that's correct?

Why is there anything wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is there anything wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, I'm not sure, did you get that information from a book or where?
I don't know, I'm not sure, did you get that information from a book or where?

From past papers, when the question asks about differential gene expression is when a totipotent stem cell differentiates into a specific cell type which becomes a pluripotent stem cell: (it says some genes are activated and others are not so the activated genes will produce mRNA which will be translated into specific proteins that will modify cell and control cell process causing an irreversible change leading to cell differentiation), which is pluripotency then same goes on differentiating into a multipotent stem cell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 177
Any ideas about the experiment related questions that could pop up this year?
Reply 178
Original post by Sal296
Any ideas about the experiment related questions that could pop up this year?

Besides Mineral deficiency, know everything else. Be safe
Reply 179
Original post by AvWOW
Besides Mineral deficiency, know everything else. Be safe

Alright thanks! I reallly hope this paper would be easier that the unit 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending