The Student Room Group

How high can a grade boundary for an A go?

Had an aqa psych unit 1 exam today, literally everyone found it easy including me, which means the grade boundaries are going to be really high. How high can they go? Last year was the highest its ever been at 55/72 being an A, is there a chance it can go as high as something like 65/72 for an A if everyone found it so easy?
Unlikely to get that high, I was resitting today it probably will be same as last year, maybe 56 but no higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
i recall a very easy exam it was statistics 2 being 68/75 for an A :P aqa that is.
There are always people that find exams hard so even if a lot of people found it easy, it won't be incredibly high (imo) :redface:
Maybe your sample is biased. Maybe 'everyone' didn't find it easy. All the people from your school got taught by your teachers but what about people from another school, they got taught differently. Also if you got the information from TSR then well, it's TSR, TSR isn't average pupils generally.
Original post by crcrcrcrcr
Had an aqa psych unit 1 exam today, literally everyone found it easy including me, which means the grade boundaries are going to be really high. How high can they go? Last year was the highest its ever been at 55/72 being an A, is there a chance it can go as high as something like 65/72 for an A if everyone found it so easy?

An M2 exam for OCR was 66/72 for an A, 69/72 for an A*, nothing is ever going to be higher than that.
I sat this paper too today!! I was thinking the exact same thing!!! It was so easy, nothing on day care or privation (woo). I reckon it will be around 65/66-72 for an A as even the people who didn't revise properly said that it was super easy!!:frown:
Reply 7
Original post by crayolaguy
Maybe your sample is biased. Maybe 'everyone' didn't find it easy. All the people from your school got taught by your teachers but what about people from another school, they got taught differently. Also if you got the information from TSR then well, it's TSR, TSR isn't average pupils generally.
I looked on twitter too, like 95% of people who took the exam said they found it really easy
I've seen OCR MEI maths papers go up to 62/72 for an A

Go back through a couple of years for the grade boundaries which should give you an idea of a range.

Quick Reply

Latest