The Student Room Group

GCSE 21st Century Chemistry C1 C2 C3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by Butterfly233
The question asked about what fractions crude oil is used in though

I don't think so, I can try to ask my teacher tomorrow for the paper to make sure (I've got the B1 B2 B3 one xP) but I don't think there is a point any more, its not like we can change our answers
Original post by Butterfly233
The question asked about what fractions crude oil is used in though

THANK YOU THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!! IT WAS LINKED TO A FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION QUESTION - it said name 2 FRACTIONS guys - not the overall general products!!
Reply 362
any ideas on what people put for the health/enviro risks of merury?
Original post by MØRGS
any ideas on what people put for the health/enviro risks of merury?

Accumulation in an environment, gets into waterways, into animals then we eat them passing on the toxic chemicals - i think :smile:
Reply 364
ah yeah of course, I said about it killing animals and being a poisonous gas, hopefully ill get a mark
What did you guys all put for the picking material 6 marker, and the uses of crude oil? I put lubricants and fuels and I also picked Kevlar as the chosen material. I though the test went well:smile:
Reply 366
Original post by iamlucy
Accumulation in an environment, gets into waterways, into animals then we eat them passing on the toxic chemicals - i think :smile:

ah yeah of course, I said about it killing animals and being a poisonous gas, hopefully ill get a mark
I put lubricants and fuels
It said 2 uses not examples I think 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SusamS
I don't think so, I can try to ask my teacher tomorrow for the paper to make sure (I've got the B1 B2 B3 one xP) but I don't think there is a point any more, its not like we can change our answers

Ooh do you think it would be possible for you to take a picture of some of the B123 questions for me? My teachers don't have any spare copies and I wanted to ask them about questions I didn't understand
It said name 2 uses of the fractions
Say for example you put petrol this does not describe a USE it simply names a frection so it should be fuels and lubricants as these are the uses of the fractions and not examples of fractions
Reply 370
Original post by h8skoooooool
Ooh do you think it would be possible for you to take a picture of some of the B123 questions for me? My teachers don't have any spare copies and I wanted to ask them about questions I didn't understand

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3E48CC7E31DB7CB3!3237&authkey=!AO_w3iUnb1qBlsw&ithint=file%2cpdf

Thanks!
What would you say the answers were for the last Q, 3 c (i) and 4 (b) and 7 b?
(edited 8 years ago)

OMG!!!:eek: where did you find this paper, how can you scan it.... did you ask your teacher to do it???
Reply 373
Original post by zigocarn
Thanks!
What would you say the answers were for the last Q, 3 c (i) and 4 (b) and 7 b?

3c I: second box and last two
4b: first box and second to last box
7b: materials, energy and pollution
7c: oxygen
Reply 374
Original post by fatima1998
OMG!!!:eek: where did you find this paper, how can you scan it.... did you ask your teacher to do it???

borrowed it from my teacher and scanned it
Original post by SusamS
borrowed it from my teacher and scanned it

yeah thought so.... but i dont think teachers are allowed to do so... because the exam board didnt released the papers not even last years.... but anyway... good luck for your exams
"Cathy is pregnant with triplets" i didn't even read this line,.. amazing

Can you re-upload that paper please? - Perhaps PM me on studentroom
I can't seem to access it. It may have be removed?
Original post by iamlucy
THANK YOU THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!! IT WAS LINKED TO A FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION QUESTION - it said name 2 FRACTIONS guys - not the overall general products!!

I'm pretty sure it said name two fractions crude oil is used in
I'm pretty sure you had to mention two uses of crude oil and not specifics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending