The Student Room Group

How did you find the Religious Studies Edexcel Unit 8 exam today(GCSE)?

I found it challenging but I still managed to do all questions and finish. But I thought it was hard compared to the past papers I did.:eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i thought the paper was pretty decent, it was mainly the last question i had to waffle abit about like the question "all laws broken are sins"
(edited 8 years ago)
I thought it was okay!! Hopefully i managed to get an A* overall!!
for section 1 i picked the questions about political party and why genetic engineering is helpful
for section 2 i picked muslim attitudes to bullying and do religious organisations do enough to prevent war
for section 3 i picked how to reduce global warming and will natural resources ever run out
for section 4 i picked why might christians agree with capital punishment and is breaking the law always a sin
what questions did u pick?
It was f ucking Hard
i think i got a D and im full course
my f ucking hand killed and i litteally missed out question C and diddnt do the last two D questions
**** THIS AWW I HATE R.E Its isnt EASY
You only remember wot u didnt do and forget all the good things you did do!!
Stay positive
you probably passed bcos of ur first paper
how was that one
Original post by The Lonely don
It was f ucking Hard
my f ucking hand killed and i litteally missed out question C and diddnt do the last two D questions

truss me it was solid
Reply 6
what did you write for the question: is breaking the law always a sin
I don't think it went too badly!!
I answered everything in good time so hopefully I'll get A/A*!
for the sin question
for agree i wrote
St Paul taught you had to obey the law
Jesus sais "what's Ceasers belongs to Caaser"
In Islam you have to obey the law of the land
for disagree i wrote
The law may go against God so u have to break it
Law isn't the word of God so u arent going against God by breaking it
The law and God arent the same thing
Does anyone what happens if you forget to cross the boxes to indicate which question you're answering????.....
Original post by anonymous.idc
Does anyone what happens if you forget to cross the boxes to indicate which question you're answering????.....

i dont think it really matters
they should be able to work it out by the definition of the key word
Reply 11
Original post by StressedYear11
I thought it was okay!! Hopefully i managed to get an A* overall!!
for section 1 i picked the questions about political party and why genetic engineering is helpful
for section 2 i picked muslim attitudes to bullying and do religious organisations do enough to prevent war
for section 3 i picked how to reduce global warming and will natural resources ever run out
for section 4 i picked why might christians agree with capital punishment and is breaking the law always a sin
what questions did u pick?

I did all the same ones as you! Was the definition for the section 2 you did about crime or reform? Also the natural resources running out question was the worst! What did you write for it?:biggrin:
Both papers for RE this year have been good, Unit 1 was easy in comparison to past papers and I knew Unit 8 would be a bit more challenging but it still worked out well. I finished with 4 minutes to go so I could only check my answers for section 1. As that's the SPAG section. Aiming for an A* overall 😄
See thats no f-ing fair
how the f uck can all of us write that fast
it isnt blooming fair
make it 1hr 45 for gods sake
give us a chance but no EDEXCEL AND OCR ARE *******S WITH MATHS AND RE **** U EDEXCEL
It was f ucking Hard

I think this paper was hard compared to the other past papers for me.
See thats no f-ing fair
how the f uck can all of us write that fast
it isnt blooming fair
make it 1hr 45 for gods sake
give us a chance but no EDEXCEL AND OCR ARE *******S WITH MATHS AND RE **** U EDEXCEL

I know I have a blister from my finger from writing so quickly. They should give us more time, we need time to think not just write. I'm doing Edexcel Maths too and I really hate it so much how they word their wordy questions- they are not specific enough and are confusing:mad::confused:. But so far I have nothing against OCR because they awarded me an A* for my Core Science exam last year.:biggrin:
Original post by t.thompson22
Both papers for RE this year have been good, Unit 1 was easy in comparison to past papers and I knew Unit 8 would be a bit more challenging but it still worked out well. I finished with 4 minutes to go so I could only check my answers for section 1. As that's the SPAG section. Aiming for an A* overall

Same I just had enough time to check answers:biggrin:
Original post by parrot16
Same I just had enough time to check answers:biggrin:

It's strange, it's been almost 5 hours since I finished and my thumb is still numb from all that writing? 😂
Original post by t.thompson22
It's strange, it's been almost 5 hours since I finished and my thumb is still numb from all that writing?

I know too much writing. It should be illegal or something to have to write so much for an exam. What exam have you got coming next?
Original post by parrot16
I know too much writing. It should be illegal or something to have to write so much for an exam. What exam have you got coming next?

I've got AQA Chemistry unit 2 coming up tommorow morning. You? Been revising for this tonnes because they gave us such a horrible biology paper on Tuesday! I need a B for additional science.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending