The Student Room Group

Science additional/further additional science

in science, they sum the ISA, physics, bio, chemistry out of 400 - how much would it be to receive an A* in both from last years results because i can't seem to find it?
Original post by Abdalla__67
in science, they sum the ISA, physics, bio, chemistry out of 400 - how much would it be to receive an A* in both from last years results because i can't seem to find it?

it is always 360 out of 400 UMS points for an A*, if you just exactly get an A* in any paper or the ISA it will equal = 90 ums points each. so if you got exactly an A* in every exam it would be 90 times 4 = 360. However usually you will get more marks above an A* or marks below an A* which will lower or raise your UMS points, so you can make up for a bad paper by having a really good one and regaining the marks you lost. But the amount of marks you need to get an A* changes every year, because the paper might be hard so lower grade boundaries, or it might be easy so higher grade boundaries. So for example if there was a really hard paper and i got 45 marks that might be like 92 UMS points, but if on another paper I got the same mark and it was easier it might be 88 UMS points, however the 2 UMS points I lost could be regained in the other paper so it was as if I got 90 and 90. Hope this helps
Reply 2
thanks very much bro, this settles all my questions.
thanks very much bro, this settles all my questions.

No problem , do you have physics tomorrow too ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Humzaawan123
No problem , do you have physics tomorrow too ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah bro
yeah bro

How did you find it ? I found P2 better than P3 tbh but B2 and C2 were my best papers I think
Reply 6
Original post by Humzaawan123
How did you find it ? I found P2 better than P3 tbh but B2 and C2 were my best papers I think

the p3 paper this year was the best, i didn't mind all papers tbh

Quick Reply

Latest