Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Downing College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
J234
Nope...

Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but did they say interview letters would be sent on "the second and third weeks of November" or "the third and fourth weeks of November?"

becoz one of my friend got interview at downing for engineering @ 9th dec.
as I've seen on downing's website economics interviews are on 10 - 12th dec...and no one has received any letters...that sounds weird:frown:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Nika A
When do you have interviews?

My one is in the late afternoon - Chemistry then Biology.
Reply 382
I emailed and asked if I had gotten an interview or not and they replied and wrote that they have scheduled my itnerviews on 12th of dec. starting at 9.00 am. They also wrote that the invitations would go out today or tomorrow (this was however wednesday last week) and that I would be getting mine by email. I'm applying to economics and I read here that not alot of people have gotten their invitations so i guess the're just a bit slow on the economics department.

Ps. Does anyone know of a good page or thread where I can read some example questions from a downing interview for economics?
Reply 383
fumblewomble
Sorry - we can't discuss interview content on TSR.

Ok, sorry, Didn't know. How about preparation? Anyone who can suggest any good books to prepare for the interview? I'm from Sweden and I havnt taken IB, hence all the questions.
Reply 384
fahl
Ok, sorry, Didn't know. How about preparation? Anyone who can suggest any good books to prepare for the interview? I'm from Sweden and I havnt taken IB, hence all the questions.

how did U email them?
I want to know as well!
Can anyone tell me about Law at Downing? I heard that it was the best place to study law at Cambridge...everyone seems to be raving about studying law at Downing....is that true?
amyamy10011993
Can anyone tell me about Law at Downing? I heard that it was the best place to study law at Cambridge...everyone seems to be raving about studying law at Downing....is that true?

Statistically it is one of the most popular colleges and also has Graham Virgo as a fellow who is an expert in restitution and has written "the" textbook on that area of law. It also has David Felman who is a Rouse Ball professor and this means that he is also a very highly regarded academic. Other than that, John Cleese went there which makes it very popular also!
shadowsintherain
Statistically it is one of the most popular colleges and also has Graham Virgo as a fellow who is an expert in restitution and has written "the" textbook on that area of law. It also has David Felman who is a Rouse Ball professor and this means that he is also a very highly regarded academic. Other than that, John Cleese went there which makes it very popular also!

On the other hand, Nick Griffin studied law at Downing...
Downing lawyers work HARD.... harder than most other subjects, it seems! I think we also accept more lawyers than other colleges (though I'm not sure about that one).

If prospective applicants have any questions about Downing in general feel free to ask - I'm a natsci here.
Reply 389
Got an interview on the 10th December for Economics, comprising of two subject interviews and a maths test.
Reply 390
J234
Got an interview on the 12th December for Economics, comprising of two subject interviews and a maths test.

congraz!
I am still waiting for economics interview:s-smilie:
one of my fd got rejected without an interview from King's
Reply 391
tribalium
congraz!
I am still waiting for economics interview:s-smilie:
one of my fd got rejected without an interview from King's

Has your post been delivered yet? If the letter's not there, you'll get a letter tomorrow i guess, at least I see no reason why not.

Was the person rejected from kings going for economics?
Reply 392
J234
Has your post been delivered yet? If the letter's not there, you'll get a letter tomorrow i guess, at least I see no reason why not.

Was the person rejected from kings going for economics?

yea
her unsuccessful was on ucas last week as I remembered
I will check my school's mailbox later on
thanks!
Reply 393
I got my official invitation today too. Two subject interviews and one written maths test. Did everyone get a maths test or did anyone get the TSA?

Tribalium: I just emaild the admissions office and asked if they had scheduled an interview for me and I would very much like to know because I live in Sweden and have to book a flight.
Reply 394
fahl
I got my official invitation today too. Two subject interviews and one written maths test. Did everyone get a maths test or did anyone get the TSA?

Tribalium: I just emaild the admissions office and asked if they had scheduled an interview for me and I would very much like to know because I live in Sweden and have to book a flight.

I got the interview letter as well
10th DEC
1 math test + 2 interviews:smile:
Hipparchia

I'm starting to get really nervous about the Englishness, by the way. On paper, my English is fine, but I'm afraid that at the interview my mind goes completely blank and I can't remember a single word of English :p: Are any of you having any practice interviews?

I'm only worried about the technical words that I don't know. But (speaking from experience) interviews are fine and English shouldn't be a problem. No practise interview for me, didn't have one either when I applied to Oxford last year...
Hey, thought I might as well post here eventually.

Philosophy applicant :biggrin: I don't seem to have any friends :shifty: on here anyway...
Reply 397
Can anyone tell me more about the interview process for economics in Downing.
As it states at its website that there will be a 30 minutes mathematics paper. What is it? Is it something tricky or just normal A-level maths?
Just wondering, did anyone end up sending in the application for that year in California? So far, I haven't sent it in and I don't think I will...
frederizia
Just wondering, did anyone end up sending in the application for that year in California? So far, I haven't sent it in and I don't think I will...

Naaahhh...don't particularly want to have to do several different subjects (nor do I really want to go to the US to study).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending