The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Downing College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hipparchia
I don't know if any of you are curious about their @cam.ac.uk address, but I just found out mine through the database:

https://jackdaw.cam.ac.uk/mailsearch/newUG

Yes, I know, I'm pathetically excited :p:

Don't be too keen, you'll be entirely dependent on that thing in a few weeks. :p:

Congratulations everyone on getting the grades (even though that was probably the easy bit...). :biggrin:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I just got my Fresher's Pack (well, it's not really a 'pack', more like two letters :s-smilie:). Anyway, my room's going to be J06! Anybody else in J?

Also, can a 2nd/3rd year student perhaps make some screenshots of its entry in the rooms database? (A)
Reply 582
I also got the two letters. I'll be in Kenny B 17.
Hipparchia
I just got my Fresher's Pack (well, it's not really a 'pack', more like two letters :s-smilie:). Anyway, my room's going to be J06! Anybody else in J?

Also, can a 2nd/3rd year student perhaps make some screenshots of its entry in the rooms database? (A)

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu27/Sepiairo/misc/Picture1.png

Nika A
I also got the two letters. I'll be in Kenny B 17.

Kenny B is amazing :woo:

Ooo, thanks for the picture! That sounds like a pretty decent room. Too bad about the lack of a mirror and lockable cupboard though...
Howard 29 :ninja:
I also got the two letters! :woo:

Elementric
Howard 29 :ninja:

6 away from you.
Reply 587
Excalibur, could you post a photo like this of my room (Kenny B 17), please? I've heard it's great, too.
Reply 588
In Kenny B 13 here, should be awesome.
michaelyus
I also got the two letters! :woo:

6 away from you.

:O

See you in October then!
Unfortunately there aren't any photos of Kenny B on the Downing website, but it'll probably look like these. Except I think that's M staircase and they're all en-suite in Kenny B.

Suffice it to say, Kenny B is way more awesome than anything you might be expecting. :p:
Reply 591
I was staying in one of the Wolfson buiding rooms of Trinity College for 10 days this summer and it was amazing, so I guess Kenny B will be similar.
Reply 592
anyone get me a pic of kenny A 16 please? thanks!
Well I'm applying to Downing for CheMEng via Engineering this year. Any tips on how to fight off all those other budding Engineers? :tongue:

I had a look around Downing, and it was quite simply spectacular. The rooms all looked like they were good too, and I hear first years are more likely to get en-suites >_>

Now I just have to hope I get an offer, which is the hard part. Predicted A* A* A A, but how many other applicants will be, too? A large number, I'm guessing.
Reply 594
I will applying for economics at cambridge and still haven't decided my college. I'm considering Downing and would like the answer to the above question.

Thanks
Reply 595
Pretty similar to all the other colleges
Reply 596
MC REN
Pretty similar to all the other colleges

Well pretty much all colleges ask maths questions, but on the cambridge website only for Downing it says there a mathematical test at interview, does this mean my maths marks and ability would be looked at more closely than other colleges?
Reply 597
Well yes, you'd have a maths test which would be looking at your ability, I could only speculate as to whether they'd pay more attention to your maths marks (but if I was to specualte then I'd say they'd pay less attention cause they've got their own in-house version). You're going to need high marks in maths at any of the colleges though
I'm in Main Court H if anyone's interested. Any other Hers out there?
Any tips for things to bring with me that I might not think of?

I'm starting to get into worry mode... Though also really looking forward to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending