The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Downing College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by aprocrastinator
Just a thread where us lucky offer holders for the beautiful Downing college can chat, discuss college related things (or not) and meet like-minded people!

Just post your course and conditions to get the ball rolling :smile:

Me:

Course: Medicine
Conditions: A*A*A

Same here - Medicine, A*A*A including A in Chemistry :biggrin:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Christina30
Course : Natural Sciences (physical)
Conditions : A*A*A

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice, well done! :smile: how many natural sciences students do downing take, do you know?

Original post by andrewy
Same here - Medicine, A*A*A including A in Chemistry :biggrin:

Hello, nice to meet you, fellow medic :wink: Out of interest when were your interviews, date wise? Mine were on the 10th.
Reply 982
Hello, nice to meet you, fellow medic :wink: Out of interest when were your interviews, date wise? Mine were on the 10th.

Mine was on the 8th.
Original post by andrewy
Mine was on the 8th.

ah ok then I won't have seen you! if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? (seems a bit pointless since we've already got offers but I am convinced mine was a mistake)
Reply 984
ah ok then I won't have seen you! if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? (seems a bit pointless since we've already got offers but I am convinced mine was a mistake)

Well I have overseas fee status so obviously need to have higher stats. Anyway that would be 97.75% UMS in all subjects and 7.6 6.3 3A in BMAT.

I am sure your offer wasn't a mistake :smile: After all it is difficult to judge your own performance in the interview and where your stats lie when compared to other UK applicants.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by andrewy
Well I have overseas fee status so obviously need to have higher stats. Anyway that would be 97.75% UMS in all subjects and 7.6 6.3 3A in BMAT.

I am sure your offer wasn't a mistake :smile: After all it is difficult to judge your own performance in the interview and where your stats lie when compared to other UK applicants.

Fair enough. But wow, you did amazing in everything haha! In comparison I got 95.4% UMS and 5.4 5.7 2.5A BMAT. You see my point now? :wink:

Hopefully it wasn't, but thank you! Yes that is absolutely true, but I convince my self of the worst all the time.

Where do you live at the moment then?
Reply 986
Fair enough. But wow, you did amazing in everything haha! In comparison I got 95.4% UMS and 5.4 5.7 2.5A BMAT. You see my point now? :wink:

Hopefully it wasn't, but thank you! Yes that is absolutely true, but I convince my self of the worst all the time.

Where do you live at the moment then?

I see what you mean. I guess just be glad that you got an offer at such an amazing college (with the department literally few minutes away :tongue:) and try to convince yourself that you would do well at Cambridge!

I live in London now - boarding student.
Original post by andrewy

I see what you mean. I guess just be glad that you got an offer at such an amazing college (with the department literally few minutes away :tongue:) and try to convince yourself that you would do well at Cambridge!

I live in London now - boarding student.

Welcome!! I'd be hella proud with those stats :biggrin: they couldn't really not take you :wink:

Oh don't worry, I am ecstatic! I had convinced myself that the only way I could ever get an offer was through the pool and that knowing my luck I'd end up at Murray Edwards. But to not be pooled at all, indeed, get a direct offer blew me away - let alone getting an offer in the first place! I definitely think I would work well there, the supervisions really appeal to me and I really like the course.

Ohh I see! so no big deal moving to Cambridge then I'd assume! :smile:
Hello! Natural Sciences (physical); A*A*A! :smile:
Hello, I got an offer for engineering A*A*A with A* in further maths. Nice to meet you all!
Another medic here - It really hasn't sunk in yet >_<

A*A*A (from Biology, Chemistry, and Maths in any order).

:smile:
Original post by Flygon2076
Hello, I got an offer for engineering A*A*A with A* in further maths. Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you! Well done on your offer and choosing the best college :wink:

Original post by AlloSlayer
Another medic here - It really hasn't sunk in yet >_<

A*A*A (from Biology, Chemistry, and Maths in any order).

:smile:

Yay! I got the same offer as you. Well done btw! For me it's only about half sunk in... I still have random fits of giggling because I'm so happy I got in lol.

Original post by SophieKitching
Hello! Natural Sciences (physical); A*A*A! :smile:

hello back! Nice to meet you, well done on your offer! :smile:
nice, well done! :smile: how many natural sciences students do downing take, do you know?

Around 20 :smile: what about medics?
Reply 993

If I am not wrong then that would be 16 medics. Downing is quite a big college in terms of number of medics...

Original post by andrewy
If I am not wrong then that would be 16 medics. Downing is quite a big college in terms of number of medics...

yeah andrewy is right about 16, some years they took only 15! I only realised it was such a big medical college until after i applied oops
Hi, very excited to be able to post here. I got A*AA for English.

Just out of curiosity is anyone applying for the Pomona Scholarship?
Hey :smile:
Thinking of applying to Downing this year, and I wanted to ask—are there any international students on this thread whom I could bug with questions? :tongue:
Hello everybody!
I bet some of you gave seen my posts throughout different threads. What I wanted to ask - Is Downing a good college for classics/MML? Does it have good, accessible plumbing? What about green spaces?

Also, would Downingbe a harder college to get into? Would your grades and the like need to be even higher to get in?

Thank you for the help!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys! Anyone applying to Downing this year besides me?! I haven't seen many people applying here on the Student Room, so maybe they're all lurking here?

I'm applying for Economics by the way. :tongue:
Reply 999
Hi, im applying to Downing for (Physical) Natural Sciences!

Don't suppose when you sent off your paperwork/forms they asked for you got a confirmation email? Because I sent mine off about a week ago and they haven't acknowledged it and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who they hadn't confirmed they'd received it from haha! Thanks in advance! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending