The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History B - Crime and Punishment - Mon 1st June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harryyyyyyyy
does anyone know whats likely to come up in the crime and punishment exam tomorrow

Its very hard to question spot history, therefore my advice is to revise the stuff you are least confident on so at least you will be a bit more confident on the way into the exam.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Reply 81
On second thoughts the grade boundaries could be significantly lower than last year. Every single person at my school is thinking they're going to fail, every person on Twitter talking about it think they're going to fail, the response on here isn't exactly positive either.

Obviously this isn't a gurantee, but my gut feeling is telling me this could be the case. Especially after the question paper was re-done, it goes back to the Roman times and it requires more own knowledge than ever.
Reply 82
Currently drowning my sorrows in cider right now...
Surprisingly I'm actually looking forward to this exam more than the other two. I guess it helps I find crime and punishment the most interesting and it's actually quite simple. I'm hoping a question on Anglo Saxons or Romans will come up. I'm sure you will all do fine though :smile:
I'm so nervous because I'm not sure how to apply everything I've learnt :frown:
Reply 85
Huge good luck for everyone tomorrow!

Don't be brought down if it goes badly - there are still 2 more history exams which you can ace!
Reply 86
Goodluck everyone
good luck!!
I'm hoping for something easy like smuggling.
5 most important dates IYO?
Reply 89
Original post by racingfred
I'm hoping for something easy like smuggling.
5 most important dates IYO?

1868 - end of public hanging and transportation
1829 - creation of the met police force
1154 - English Common Law established
1547 - Vagrancy Act
1605 - gunpowder plot
Reply 90
Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
How did everyone find this? I liked it! But I nearly ran out of time so had to rush the 16 marker a bit 😱
Original post by Gk1616
How did everyone find this? I liked it! But I nearly ran out of time so had to rush the 16 marker a bit 😱

I thought it was alright - the questions were really nice, but I sort of ran out of time for the 16 marker - I could have wrote a lot more and in a lot more detail :frown:
Reply 93
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
I thought it was alright - the questions were really nice, but I sort of ran out of time for the 16 marker - I could have wrote a lot more and in a lot more detail :frown:

Same!!
Original post by Gk1616
Same!!

Do you know if we're allowed to talk about questions, or do other people have to do the exam still? :O
I lost quite a bit of time on the 16 marker :\ other than that it was great!!!
Reply 96
Original post by Gk1616

It wasn't as bad as I was thinking!

Q1 and Q2 was mediocre, but after that I think the rest went OK. I don't think I've got an A on it though, but perhaps a B?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jamestg
It wasn't as bad as I was thinking!

Q1 and Q2 was mediocre, but after that I think the rest went OK. I don't think I've got an A on it though, but perhaps a B?

I found Q1, 2, and 4/5 fine. I found the 3rd and the 16 marker the hard ones - probably because I didn't have enough time on both, lol
Reply 98
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
I found Q1, 2, and 4/5 fine. I found the 3rd and the 16 marker the hard ones - probably because I didn't have enough time on both, lol

I loved question 3 and 6 was an amazing question just no time to write everything 🙈
Reply 99
the questions were all pretty straightforward but man did i run out of time, an extra 15 minutes would have been lifesaving to write anything substantial for question 6, if i scrape a B i'll be relieved

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending