The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1
A lot of people don't get their offers until Feb. or even March, this is really nothing to worry about. It's not the job of the university to update you with every little thing they do, you'll hear when they make a decision, whch they've got until april to do.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Durham are known for being incredibly slow; it has to do with the collegiate system, I think. I waited until late January for my modern languages offer and many come later than that. Be patient, slow does not mean rejection.
Reply 3
Late January really isn't that late though. I got my Durham offer (3 years ago fro French and German) around February-time and it definitely wasn't my last offer to come, by a long shot.
Reply 4
HannahJasmine<3
Blargh, I applied for French and German and have heard NOTHING! Has anyone else heard for modern languages? I really really hope that I'm not going to be rejected.

I haven't heard anything either, I wouldn't worry, a lot of people seem to be waiting on Durham. No news is good news! ^_~
Reply 5
I have heard nothing too from math's department.It is unbearable slow!The only thing I want now is to get rejection from Durham.Then,I will choose bath!
yer the chemistry department is being really slow......
no1 from my school has heard from them 2......
it would b nice tho if they did just tell me what they want just so i dont have 2 wait coz i hate suspence lol
Reply 7
theo....
yer the chemistry department is being really slow......
no1 from my school has heard from them 2......
it would b nice tho if they did just tell me what they want just so i dont have 2 wait coz i hate suspence lol

Well I would mentally prepare to wait until April. Then you might get a nice surprise if your letter comes earlier.
Becca
Well I would mentally prepare to wait until April. Then you might get a nice surprise if your letter comes earlier.

:frown: but i wana know now lol
Reply 9
Chill people! They're not really being that slow when you consider that the actual UCAS deadline is Jan 15th, so techincally they don't have to look at any apps til then! So really, the fun's just beginning...

Although I should shut up, I can't empathise with your worries because I've got an offer!
Reply 10
theo....
:frown: but i wana know now lol

Well sometimes you have to think rationally about these things. Nobody here is going to say, "oh don't worry, your letter will come tomorrow" because it's almost 100% not true. Sorry.
Becca
Well sometimes you have to think rationally about these things. Nobody here is going to say, "oh don't worry, your letter will come tomorrow" because it's almost 100% not true. Sorry.

lighten up........i was being sarcastic...:rolleyes:
Reply 12
Well, we get so many posts like your previous one it's hard to tell sometimes.
Reply 13
you just wait for the month before results day, the offer wait was nothing!!

Latest