Made this thread so we can discuss and review the exam today and tomorrow

Thanks!!!

GOOD LUCK
A*GLORYHUNTER
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, doing same exam!, i love section B , where they ask you to write an article or leaflet.....! I guess the first section is alrught im doing OMAM what book you doing?
UltimateLad1
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Same!!!
A*GLORYHUNTER
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
predictions? I think itll be a setting
zoeal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the exam will be simple because they generally ask the same type of things every year! I am looking forward to it!
kittensrcute
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Due to my teacher having a C-section today she cancelled her revision, subsequently i have very little idea whats coming up on this test! I know we get asked on an extract, and then do an article or letter, but what do we do for the second question? also any timing guides or other advice would be appreciated!
Scarlett2747
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lennie was november 2014 was less likely it will be him i think it could be setting or someone like candy or slim
lfc4581
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey what extract would we use if the Setting question comes up in OF Mice and Men??
wopema71
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have the exam tomorrow. Its called "English Today" anyone know anything about this? stressed.com lol
Charlottemulcahy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lfc4581)
Hey what extract would we use if the Setting question comes up in OF Mice and Men??
The start of any of the sections I think. Each one starts with a description of the setting. I'd go for the first probably, foreshadowing or the last, bit of fate and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
riannphillip
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i have the exact same exam tomorrow ! i'm really worried lol any advice anyone
Jodie99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kittensrcute)
Due to my teacher having a C-section today she cancelled her revision, subsequently i have very little idea whats coming up on this test! I know we get asked on an extract, and then do an article or letter, but what do we do for the second question? also any timing guides or other advice would be appreciated!
You get an OMAM extract then you have to pick one other part of the novella that shows the same character/theme. Then it's the article/letter
UltimateLad1
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Predictions for the OMAM Q
Jodie99
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER)
predictions? I think itll be a setting
Out of interest why? Just a feeling or have you studied the past papers =D?
A*GLORYHUNTER
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jodie99)
Out of interest why? Just a feeling or have you studied the past papers =D?
Yeah its just a feeling because all the characters have come up apart from candy and they introduced to events twice, and many themes but My predictions it will be Character: Candy , a Relationship, or a setting because that has never come up before
Jodie99
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER)
Yeah its just a feeling because all the characters have come up apart from candy and they introduced to events twice, and many themes but My predictions it will be Character: Candy , a Relationship, or a setting because that has never come up before
Oh thanks, I'll make sure I revise it. Do you (or anyone) happen to know what came up in November 2014? It's blocked on the edexcel website
zoeal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im so confused, why is everyone talking about Of Mice and Men for a language exam? Of Mice and Men for me was for the literature exam a couple of weeks ago? IIM FREAKING OUT
Jodie99
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by zoeal)
Im so confused, why is everyone talking about Of Mice and Men for a language exam? Of Mice and Men for me was for the literature exam a couple of weeks ago? IIM FREAKING OUT
Do you do edexcel? Of mice and men is in both D:
zoeal
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jodie99)
Do you do edexcel? Of mice and men is in both D:
No i do AQA??? ((
Jodie99
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by zoeal)
No i do AQA??? ((
Oh then idk text someone in your class
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (504)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (621)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (304)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.54%

Watched Threads