The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lethorio
Early September.

Thanks! :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by noobslayer
does anyone know when unconditional firmers can expect to receive accommodation?

It'll be the same time for everybody. It's likely to be the second week of September, and you won't find out exactly which room you have until the week before you arrive.
Move in days are on the 28th and 29th of September and they've done it alphabetically - if my position in the alphabet means official move in day is the Sunday (29th) would I get turned away if I arrived on the Saturday?
Original post by Mnemosyne
Move in days are on the 28th and 29th of September and they've done it alphabetically - if my position in the alphabet means official move in day is the Sunday (29th) would I get turned away if I arrived on the Saturday?

Definitely not! :tongue: . I would recommend turning up on the Saturday to everybody anyway! :tongue: . You get the best cupboard spaces, fridge spaces, and extra day settling in and meeting everybody... Don't worry about it and turn up on Saturday! :h:
Original post by Nirgilis
Definitely not! :tongue: . I would recommend turning up on the Saturday to everybody anyway! :tongue: . You get the best cupboard spaces, fridge spaces, and extra day settling in and meeting everybody... Don't worry about it and turn up on Saturday! :h:

As my surname begins with an M, I should be showing up on the Sunday. If I were to show up on the Saturday, there wouldn't be a problem with that? I could pick up my room keys, etc on the Saturday just fine?
Original post by Lethorio
As my surname begins with an M, I should be showing up on the Sunday. If I were to show up on the Saturday, there wouldn't be a problem with that? I could pick up my room keys, etc on the Saturday just fine?

Yep! :smile: . Seriously, don't worry about it :tongue: . They try to stagger it because there's not much space around the accommodation blocks. I would still say put up with traffic jams for an hour to get there on Saturday anyway :h: . All the keys are stored in the same space, so it won't be a problem. They understand that some people may ONLY be able to turn up on the Saturday for example also :yep:
By the same token there are some people who have A-L surnames who choose to arrive on Sunday because of other arrangements or wanting to spend the Saturday doing something with family/friends.

Just arrive whichever day is best for you.

I would agree with previously mentioned points about the plus points of arriving on Saturday, however.
Reply 5947
When will we be finding out which accomodation we are staying in? :smile:
Reply 5948
Original post by s_axo

Early September
Original post by s_axo

Likely to be the second week of September you will find out where you're staying. You won't know your exact room until the week before you move in :h:
Reply 5950
Hi (: Congrats to all of you who will be moving in this September! I'm currently compiling a list of things I need, and I have a question: does anybody know if either Heronbank or Westwood (my top two accommodation choices) or in fact any accommodation supplies a clothes drying rack? I know this sounds silly but I don't really want to lug it around with me on move-in day if it turns out it's actually provided in the laundrette.
Thanks!
Original post by iamkaja
Hi (: Congrats to all of you who will be moving in this September! I'm currently compiling a list of things I need, and I have a question: does anybody know if either Heronbank or Westwood (my top two accommodation choices) or in fact any accommodation supplies a clothes drying rack? I know this sounds silly but I don't really want to lug it around with me on move-in day if it turns out it's actually provided in the laundrette.
Thanks!

The Warwick accommodation overview lists the contents of each residence. Here ya go :smile:

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/all/campus/residences/
Original post by iamkaja
Thanks!

I have yet to see one, so assume no :h:
Hi, I'm Heterosexual.

I have been accepted to do a postgraduate course at Warwick but the accommodation is putting me off. They purposely charge postgrad students something like 50 odd weeks of rent, however I would like to apply for accommodation as an undergraduate as I would only have to pay for 30 or so weeks rent. Would this be possible? I ask because after term two lectures will stop and it is just a dissertation left...I can commute for that most likely.
Reply 5954
Original post by iamkaja
Thanks!

Not as far as I'm aware. However, tumble dryers are available (although there are some clothes that won't tumble dry) and there are shops nearby that would sell drying racks.
Reply 5955
Hi, so uh, I somehow managed to miss the accommodation email and have only applied for my choices today. I have Rootes as my #1. Is there a high chance I won't be able to get on-campus accommodation? I'd be so disappointed :s-smilie:
Original post by Heterosexual
Hi, I'm Heterosexual.

Read your post before your name and was thrown off :colonhash:

Also, problem, I applied to accommodation late, (my own fault, stupid lazy idiot that i am). how screwed am I? I suppose it's unlikely I'll get any of my choices? It was two days after the deadline, can I like, hope for some chronological ordering? xD
Original post by vsyr
Hi, so uh, I somehow managed to miss the accommodation email and have only applied for my choices today. I have Rootes as my #1. Is there a high chance I won't be able to get on-campus accommodation? I'd be so disappointed :s-smilie:

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Read your post before your name and was thrown off :colonhash:

Also, problem, I applied to accommodation late, (my own fault, stupid lazy idiot that i am). how screwed am I? I suppose it's unlikely I'll get any of my choices? It was two days after the deadline, can I like, hope for some chronological ordering? xD

By missing the deadline you will be lowest priority for accommodation, but you don't have awful odds of getting on campus :h: . Even if you end up off-campus, the university will put you in university-owned properties :yep:
Reply 5958
Original post by Naami
Early September

Original post by Nirgilis
Likely to be the second week of September you will find out where you're staying. You won't know your exact room until the week before you move in :h:

Awesome, thanks both of you :smile:
Hey so I haven't read 100% of the info given by OP so if my question is answered by OP then please just direct me to it, but anyway here's the question:

If we get allocated to one of the halls which we don't want to go to, are we allowed to ask for a switch? Just hypothetically, I mean regardless of which of the choices they give you (e.g. say they allocate you to your first choice, but then for example say you want to then switch to your second choice?)

Quick Reply

Latest