The Student Room Group

University Advice

Hey everyone! I am thinking of applying to the following universities for undergraduate studies in Computer Science:

1. University of Edinburgh
2. University of Manchester
3. University of Warwick
4. University of Bristol
5. University of Southampton

Apart from other factors, I am mainly concerned about expenses and my chances of getting hired by any tech company after graduating from any of the above.

If anybody is a student at any of the above or if anybody has any idea as such, kindly guide me through. Thanks!
Reply 1
Do you meet the entry requirements for each of these - and have you inclded an obvious Insurance choice with lower grade requirements?

PS. Bristol is as expensive as London and the Uni has major accommodation problems.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Do you meet the entry requirements for each of these - and have you inclded an obvious Insurance choice with lower grade requirements?

PS. Bristol is as expensive as London and the Uni has major accommodation problems.

I haven't taken my final year exams and my UCAS application is still pending, so in the meantime, I wanted to think clearly about my choices. More or less I think I am fit for some of their requirements.

Yeah, I have heard that Bristol is pretty expensive.

Anyway, thanks for replying!
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger

Also, to your second question, my referee has yet to include my predicted grades. As an education qualification, I have included my grades obtained two years back (the exam equivalent to GCSE. I am an international student.) I guess I should be fine having done these.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending