The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

advice for Warwick open day tomorrow?

Hiya, I'm going to Warwick for the open day this Saturday and was wondering if there's any last minute questions I should ask or anything specific I should check out? Not been to any other open days yet but Warwick is my first/second choice atm for studying English from 2024. Thanks.
You could ask things like what their support is like for students, ie wellbeing services, you could ask questions about specific modules of the course

It’s really just an opportunity for you to get a good feel of the university and the facilities, questions may pop up in your head when you’re there. You don’t have to ask questions if you don’t want to!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by melonmangomarmo
Hiya, I'm going to Warwick for the open day this Saturday and was wondering if there's any last minute questions I should ask or anything specific I should check out? Not been to any other open days yet but Warwick is my first/second choice atm for studying English from 2024. Thanks.

Not been to warwick but have been to many open days before. Its worth looking at the course and its modules and see if you have any questions from there . Hours of study/lectures/support/internships etc.
Definitely check out the department and also the subject talk. Accommodation, you dont have to visit every one, but plan to look at ones you are interested in like ensuite or standard accommodation. No point looking at accommodation thats over your price range.
Also go and visit one of the eateries, sometimes unis give a voucher with some money off when you visit the registration area. If you do not visit the registration dont worry, theres alwasy students everywhere to give you a helping hand as to where to go as its not essential you need to register in person, although you sometimes get some free stuff like a tote bag or a mug. Also registration will have a programme should you not have one sent on line.
The programmes are great to check out when and where the subject talks are, accommodation and also anything that grabs your interest. Ive been to study abroad talks, or accommodation talks, or visits to the student union.
Get there early. About 20 mins to half an hour before the open day starts so we get a good parking space.
Reply 3
The info/arrival stands will have open day guides and programmes, but make sure you don't miss the information fair (its location is a bit more hidden away than the rest of the events so probably easier to miss). There will be accommodation people and various other teams there (I assume this is where wellbeing etc. will be too), but there will also be some student societies/clubs, which are a big part of life on campus so worth checking out :smile: Even if you aren't interested in those specific societies it'll be a good chance to speak to some students and learn more about the social side of things.

I'd also ask about taking modules outside of the department if that's something you're interested in, as that's a big thing at Warwick, but some departments place more restrictions on that than others so it's good to clarify.

Quick Reply

Latest