The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Address for Rootes - is there a way of knowing whether it's new or old Rootes from the letters?
Thanks.

I don't know the Rootes address format, but if there is a block letter included then A-I is old Rootes (although I is a little different since it's International House), and J-P is new Rootes.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Looked where you said and shows RRM26 no block showing?
Original post by Warsie
Looked where you said and shows RRM26 no block showing?

I think M is the block.
That’s good - thanks
What block did you get?
I'm in O - I think that must new Rootes :smile:
I’m in Rootes I block so I think international house - has anyone stayed here or can tell me anything about them I’m worried I’ve made a mistake and wish I was just in old or new rootes like everyone else
(edited 1 year ago)
Does anyone know in claycroft accom if your with same gender for shared bathrooms ?
Original post by janedrain
Does anyone know in claycroft accom if your with same gender for shared bathrooms ?

Usually mixed halls therefore mixed bathrooms. They have locks on the doors though :smile:
Original post by janedrain

For Claycroft specifically they used to make sure it was same gender (because of the unusual 2 per bathroom set-up), but they may have changed that to make it easier to allocate people.

Saying that, the accommodation page does warn of a specific circumstance when Claycroft bathrooms may be mixed gender (postgrads who don't ask for single gender flats), which reads like that isn't the norm. Probably best to email to check what they plan to do for allocating next year.
Hi, if you're interested in off-campus accommodation, I have a room at The Oaks for next year that I need a replacement tenant for. The accommodation is £202/wk (bills included) for 45 weeks, or £198 for 51 weeks, which is cheaper than a few of the on campus en-suite accommodations and has free gym, study spaces, cinema/game rooms. It's about 20 minutes from central campus and from Cannon Park. Deposit is £250 (refunded at the end of tenancy). My room is bronze en-suite, shared kitchen.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8551
3 bedroom flat available at the Oaks
Only 4 bed flat available!
All sold out on website!
10/15 minute walk to campus!
£199p/w
Message if interested
Reply 8552
When should we be expecting an offer for accommodation?
Original post by Us 3344
When should we be expecting an offer for accommodation?

Usually in the next week or so, but probably not in the next few days since they'll only allocate after the guarantee deadline tomorrow.
Does anybody know about rootes en suite - that’s what I got and I didn’t know it was a thing??
Original post by lolipop721
Does anybody know about rootes en suite - that’s what I got and I didn’t know it was a thing??

Heyy I literally got the exact same and I can't find any information about it online either, except that it is a more rare accommodation I think?

Quick Reply

Latest