The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Every uni is desperate for chemists I'm sure u'll be fine :smile:. I don't know by the sound of things ur doing single honours but appernetly NatSci are taking allot longer. See other thread (can't rember which). I hope I was some use.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
yer we r a dying breed lol
Reply 3
Im not doing chemistry myself, but i know someone whos been rejected recently and is seriously bummed about it, Durham being a dream uni n all.

Even if you have other offers, can you still ring up Durham during clearing and ask for a place neway (based on ur results which are amazing) , since you are..'a dying breed' hah
Reply 4
I applied to Durham for chemistry way back in October and I'm still waiting too :frown: I didn't even get a confirmation letter either.

*Sits and waits anxiously*
Reply 5
I'm not sure that Durham teaches Chemisty, unless it's a very minor course I haven't heard of.
Reply 6
my mate applied in september and still hasn't heard from them, so i wouldn't worry
Reply 7
yer i got a letter yesterday i think it was saying that there are loads of applications and that they will take till like the end of feb to be able to look at all of them......
i would have thought that they could have done things a bit quicker if they read them when they got sent them rather than putting it off..... :rolleyes:
Reply 8
dobbs
I'm not sure that Durham teaches Chemisty, unless it's a very minor course I haven't heard of.

a minor course.....they just got 5mil to redo the labs.... the labs are up near like grays on the hill......its quite a big building over 110 staff.........
Reply 9
theo....
a minor course.....they just got 5mil to redo the labs.... the labs are up near like grays on the hill......its quite a big building over 110 staff.........

lol, I wondered if anyone would fall for it

Four steps:

1. Read the title of the thread CAREFULLY
2. Read my post CAREFULLY
3. Note that I am careful with all my posts, and rarely make spelling mistakes by accident
4. Realise my sarcasm :wink:
theo....
i would have thought that they could have done things a bit quicker if they read them when they got sent them rather than putting it off..... :rolleyes:

Anoys me too. I think now if I got an offer for imperial and durham 4 same grades (which we can safly say won't happen:rolleyes: )I'd proably pick imperial just becuase there allot more proactive. Durham just seem to take far too long and first impressions are everything. Saying that it does seem like a crappy reason to be miffed at them.
dobbs

Four steps:

3. Note that I am careful with all my posts, and rarely make spelling mistakes by accident

I got it first time round :biggrin:
Reply 12
Applying4Maths

Good girl :smile:
Reply 13
I want to know the purposes of the 'materials science' building on the science site. Does it have an entrance? Is anything even taught there?
Reply 14
arkbar
I want to know the purposes of the 'materials science' building on the science site. Does it have an entrance? Is anything even taught there?

Yeah it has an entrance. Erm, like the most obvious place for an entrance - at the front of the building (facing the new lecture complex!)....however yes I agree, it is very mysterious!!

A friend of mine who does Chemistry ...:wink:... went in there last term (in his 3rd year) for the first ever time and said it was a very unusual place, and everyone looked at him as if they knew he didn't belong there! lol :biggrin:
Reply 15
Applying4Maths

Me too. :biggrin: :girl:
Reply 16
dobbs

Four steps:

and
1) i started the thread so i do know the title
2) i can read
3) good for you:rolleyes:
4) that didnt really sound sarcastic.......more ignorant....:p:
Reply 17
theo....
and
1) i started the thread so i do know the title
2) i can read
3) good for you:rolleyes:
4) that didnt really sound sarcastic.......more ignorant....:p:

Well if you know the title, you should have got my joke rather than thinking I'm actually stupid and not knowing about Chemistry :rolleyes:

It was a joke. People sometimes make them. Get used to it :wink:
Reply 18
dobbs
Well if you know the title, you should have got my joke rather than thinking I'm actually stupid and not knowing about Chemistry :rolleyes:

It was a joke. People sometimes make them. Get used to it :wink:

people dont make jokes......

that sarcasm is just about as good as yours....:rolleyes:
Reply 19
theo....
i havnt heard from durham since i sent off my application and got that confomation letter.
it says on their website that my application is still with the department......have other chemists heard and ive been forgotten...:confused:
or is every1 waiting?

I got my offer from butler today through UCAS track :biggrin:, ABB which was lower than i expected.

Latest