The Student Room Group

Chemistry exam tomorrow 9/06/2015 c2

what do you think is going to come up as 6 mark questions tomorrow ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's c1 by the way, and i have no clue, some say it might about tje early life of the universe but i thought that was physics... Sorry i'm useless at chemistry but if you revise everything your be fine! Best of luck tomoz
Original post by 109265
It's c1 by the way, and i have no clue, some say it might about tje early life of the universe but i thought that was physics... Sorry i'm useless at chemistry but if you revise everything your be fine! Best of luck tomoz

Hes talking about Edexcel :wink: Additional , I reckon 6 markers maybe chromotography or rate of collsions or maybe comparisons of ionic, giant and simple
thats a really good question. Right now im studying for both child development tomorrow and chemistry and I am so nervous, I'm doing foundation chemistry and I honestly don't know what to expect. Looking forward to reading what others have to say haha :smile: good luck everyone xx I do AQA btw
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER
Hes talking about Edexcel :wink: Additional , I reckon 6 markers maybe chromotography or rate of collsions or maybe comparisons of ionic, giant and simple

Oops, see! I don't even know what exam bored i'm doing, i'm that bad a chemistry. I did c2 foundation and although i'm doing different board my long question was about the structure of an atom, which was lucky!

]

Im pretty sure they are talking about AQA as i am sitting my AQA exam tomorrow for chemistry...
i suck at chemsitry, in the first paper i got like a 77 out of 120 im doomed DOOMED
Reply 7
i've got a feeling (and i was right for all additional science papers) that the six marker will either be on cracking or fractional distillation. they've never been thoroughly tested as far as i'm aware for aqa x
Original post by anonymouslol
]

Im pretty sure they are talking about AQA as i am sitting my AQA exam tomorrow for chemistry...

The Edexcel C2 paper is tomorrow - speaking of which, I should probably start revising for it at some point :h:
Original post by cynicphysicist
The Edexcel C2 paper is tomorrow - speaking of which, I should probably start revising for it at some point :h:

oh thats good to know good luck to your revision x my AQA chemistry C1 is tomorrow
Reply 10
I betting chromatography too....how is the experiment set out? and what do you write about if they give youa chromatagrom to analyse ?

Any likely topics that will come up?
Original post by Loyale
I betting chromatography too....how is the experiment set out? and what do you write about if they give youa chromatagrom to analyse ?

Chromatography is used in forensics to find evidence or what pen was used to write something.it can be used to find out colourings in compounds such as ink,paints and foods. Some couloured compounds dissolve better in a solvent this means that because they have different solubilities, the difference is used to separate the different components of mixtures in chromatography. In paper chromatography the samples are placed near the bottom of a sheet of special paper the different components are carried by the solvent at different speeds ultimately separating them the paper is known as chromatogram.
Uses: maybe a possible question
> police are able to analyse samples of DNA to find suspects
.>analyse paints and dyes so that museums are able to mix exact copies of old paints and restore old paintings.
>used for food standards to see if dyes in food are safe to consume.

You may also be asked about the Rf value this is the distance moved by the compound divided by the distance moved by the solvent This is what the equation looks like remember it:

Distance moved by compound
-----------------------–-------------- = Rf value
Distance moved by solvent

Hope this helps
i hate isotopes ugh
Hahahaha yeh I have it tomorrow 2, Edexcell celebrity
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonymouslol
]

I'm sitting my C2 exam for Edexcel later today
Reply 18
Original post by toriteri
i've got a feeling (and i was right for all additional science papers) that the six marker will either be on cracking or fractional distillation. they've never been thoroughly tested as far as i'm aware for aqa x

Pretty sure June 2013 paper was on fractional distillation of crude oil (obviously that's not to say they won't come up again) :smile:
Reply 19
If it is C1 you are doing today chromatography shouldn't come up because that is C2???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending