Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
LOL wots wrong? Can't find a job?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
He can't find a job like you can't find spellcheck.
Reply 22
Christ! What is wrong with you people on TSR? All spelling must be 100% correct. I spell the word 'wot' like I do on messenger but wouldn't use it in my course-work or exams (where it really matters by the way). Last time I checked, TSR didn't have spellcheck so don't start crying of little spelling errors.
Reply 23
Uhm, it does have a spell checker actually. *shrugs*
Reply 24
Seriously!! Show me how please!!!
i could swear that in england its basically oxbridge then durham/bristol/durham so why wouldn't it work that durham has a high employability
Reply 26
Dark_Red
Was there really any need for that?

It was a joke. I'm glad there are some people at Queens Campus who can have a joke about the "conflict" ( :rolleyes: ) between Durham and Queens! I like this guy because he can go on about how we're all posh, and I can have a joke at him like he's homeless or something, hehe :biggrin:

Of course, it's all a joke (though there are people at Durham who think Queens are all homeless charvers AND people at Queens who think Durham are all rahs, sigh!).....but some people don't get it.

Hence, I like tehjonny :smile: Rep given :wink:
Reply 27
dobbs
It was a joke. I'm glad there are some people at Queens Campus who can have a joke about the "conflict" ( :rolleyes: ) between Durham and Queens! I like this guy because he can go on about how we're all posh, and I can have a joke at him like he's homeless or something, hehe :biggrin:

Of course, it's all a joke (though there are people at Durham who think Queens are all homeless charvers AND people at Queens who think Durham are all rahs, sigh!).....but some people don't get it.

Hence, I like tehjonny :smile: Rep given :wink:

Somebody likes me? I knew this day would come :p:.

Seriously though, I'm going to save the working class guy. *dons his Burberry hat and practices his 'yo bladrins, check it'*.

As for that period of homelessness...nobody told me crack would be soooo good...
Reply 28
LOL you people honestly scare me and want to make me consider changing my offers lol. I hope all our balls and stuff ain't seperate because of this ridiculous arguement between campuses!
Reply 29
Dark_Red
LOL you people honestly scare me and want to make me consider changing my offers lol. I hope all our balls and stuff ain't seperate because of this ridiculous arguement between campuses!

You get college functions and university wide functions. So some are separate for obvious reasons :p:.
Reply 30
Out of interest are the career possibilities mentioned in this thread applicable to most top 10 unis, Warwick, York, Bristol and the like?
obviously.

Durham arent exactly head and shoulders above any Uni in top10 (although thats for Economics :smile:..i heard they were v.good for Maths, Physics, History, English and Law
Reply 32
abrp
obviously.

Durham arent exactly head and shoulders above any Uni in top10 (although thats for Economics :smile:..i heard they were v.good for Maths, Physics, History, English and Law

Well yeh I agree, but this isn't the first time I have heard about Durham students having jobs lined up for when they leave and I haven't heard much about this at other universities (other than Oxbridge).
personally i think Durhams rep is overrated due to its amazing departments which i mentioned.

not that im complaining (if i get an offer that is :biggrin:).

im sure in time departments like Economics will edge out Notts, York , Bristol and even possibly Warwick due to high number of v.good applicants going there after Oxbridge rejection.
Reply 34
I'm soo lucky I got in! Hopefully I will be able to get a job in a big4 or even an IB job after finishing my finance course there!
AFAIK "big4" take ppl from top30 or so Unis with 2.1 <.

so get a 1st and id say youre a sure to get in.
Reply 36
Only a 1st? WOW you make it sound easy lol!
abrp
obviously.

^^That's quite right.

Graduate employment rates will be very high for any top 15-20 uni.
Reply 38
So can I get a rough estimate for what jobs people will be applying to after they graduate?
Reply 39
Anything!

Latest