The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry GCSE C1 Higher - Unofficial Mark Scheme Period.

Scroll to see replies

If I got an a for all my exams but got an a star for my isa what grade do I get
Did the last question have 4 marks? Did anyone say that the hydrophilic heads of the molecule repelled each other, keeping the oil molecules evenly dispersed throughout the emulsion?
Reply 62
Any ideas of grade boundaries?
i got like 52 whats that
Original post by Merin123
If I got an a for all my exams but got an a star for my isa what grade do I get

You would most likely get a high A but could sneak an A*
for the accuracy one could you have put to repeat it for each value and then take an average or is that not right?
Original post by hope99
Thanks for the markscheme, but where did you get these answers from? I'm not sure about a few eg for the cast iron one,i think the question was about why isn't cast iron used for pylons not cables, but anyway i don't think it's too soft like you said because it's cast iron not pure iron; pure iron would be too soft but cast iron is brittle, so maybe that's why?

No there was a separate question on cast iron for pylons and Aluminium instead of copper for overhead wires!
Original post by Callnitram
i got like 52 whats that

I think anything above 47 should be an A*. By that standard, you should get about 95-97 UMS marks
also would a property be changing shape in different conditions or does it have to be shape memory
Got 42 according to this. A or B? thks
Original post by metrize
Wasnt the element oxygen

No, I wrote that to start with. The MASS number of oxygen is 16 and the atomic number of sulfur is 16. You needed to look at the atomic number, not the mass number.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
I thought the element on page 2 was oxygen as ut had 16 electrons?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by 2spooky4AQA
Got 42 according to this. A or B? thks

That's an A, I believe. Good job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Thank you so much! You forgot one question though OP, it said how can copper be extracted using iron or something (right after the question about aluminum and copper's place on periodic table and how we can tell it's transition metal), and if I am correct the right answer is because iron is more reactive than copper so displacement would happen! Add that and you have got everything
Reply 74
For the 'why is thrre no overall charge?' question, I put that protons have a +1 charge and neutrons have no charge but electrons have a -1 charge so these cancel eachother out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Got a 56 is that defo an A*?
Reply 76
Original post by tibz101
For the 'why is thrre no overall charge?' question, I put that protons have a +1 charge and neutrons have no charge but electrons have a -1 charge so these cancel eachother out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote that its because atoms have the same number of protons(+) and electrons (-) so they cancel each ithers charge out causing the atom to have no overall charge.
Original post by metrize
There goes my a*

I've missed the one mark question out saying why is cast iron not used as overhead cables? Don't think I answered this cause I don't remember :angry:
Reply 78
Original post by tibz101
I thought the element on page 2 was oxygen as ut had 16 electrons?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxygens atomic number is 12 not 16, 16 is its mass number. Sulphurs atom number is 16
I have made a better unofficial mark scheme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending